Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m not quite sure what I rode, but it was a thing. I got off confused at the ride itself (like wth happened) and how it got green lit.

- The dialogue is horrible and CGI is laughable (we knew that though)
- I’m not quite sure exactly what happened as the ride is clunky, tries to be “action packed” and just abruptly ends
- The 360 screens are very easy to see the end of (easier than Kong bc no glasses to help hide)
- The two pre show rooms are hokey and gimmicky
- They allocated an awful lot of room to the queue
- I feel like the GP will probably like it, but I’m not as sure as with Fallon. There is no great queue to save this (it’s fine for a queue, but before you reach the pre-show rooms, you merged with Stand-by)

Questions for those who have ridden:

1) Is the driver just an inanimate prop? Is it super obvious?
2) The ride not being in 3D, does that reduce the effectiveness of the 360 tunnel?

Thanks.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I know they didn't!!! I'm heading to bed yall:faint:
Yeah they did. Were told to build it and did with a great big middle finger sticking up showing how bad they could execute. I will see it soon but expect nothing and from what I hear it will live up to my expectations. I will head over to MiB and clean my palate with a classic ride hoping to put 999999 on the board.

Reactions: devinp267
Ok, they were told to build something to represent the 5 billion dollars this franchise has earned. It is less than stellar but is it serviceable? It replaced a ride that was failing (falling apart!) so they had to do something. First Kong was promoted for this space but jungle just didn't work here so it went to IOA, the powers that be (Not Orlando based!) said to build F&F so they put it here and this is what they built. Public gonna ride??? Yeah, look at the lines to come, will be 60 minutes plus all summer.
Maybe we hate it but how many of you rode Disaster/Earthquake when you popped in for a couple of hours? It will serve it's purpose and hopefully we can move on to better things. I look down the street and still don't see groundbreaking things. (Toy Story)
I still think they will build me cool things, this is not the end.
Great time to be a theme park fan. My first ride might be at the Social Media Event - Might be my last ride too. Same as Disaster/Earthquake.
I will give it a chance and not base my judgement on Utube (@Miketheboss )
I find it interesting that people say “oh Kong was suppossed to be here, but the Kong theme didnt fit” well dont you think that means Kong was never going to go there? Its not like UC did a bunch of R&D then woke up one day, realized Skull Island doesnt belong in San Fran, then moved it. They had plenty of time to get a better ride to have filled this area. It took 3 years pretty much which is crazy. 3 years for a copy and paste warehouse? Yea UC flubbed big, or should I say Corporate flubbed big

One of my friends posted on his facebook page that he was WHELMED by the ride. I asked if he meant Over or Under and he replied "Just Whelmed".

10-things-i-hate-about-you-quotes-33.png

At least I don't have to renew my passport!

Me too, three freaking years wasted for a freaking 3d/screen ride as typical as always. Since Nintendo is moving to the 4th theme park and the detailed description of the Pokemon-themed area or attraction, you could say USH and USF are already oversaturated with screen rides. It makes Disney parks look so good and admirable in comparison because at least they're still devoted to creating animatronics for its attractions. Universal really need to figure out what to do with USF since they turned every practical ride replacement into 3d/screen attractions. Totally overblown if you ask me.
Epcot has MORE screen attractions than both Universal Parks combined.

Imma be honest I don’t get the hate for Fallon here. No way can this be better than Fallon. Fallon for me is the best simulator I have been on and gets the best bang for its buck for the space they had. F&F on the other hand has about the same space as revenge of the mummy. I wouldn’t care if they just had us do a bank heist or something sitting in sports cars with fake city facades on each end with screens for the fast part. Could’ve done so much and all of us could of honestly come up with a better ride than what they put out

That's a bit of an unfair accusation: Epcot has 2 simulator attractions, and only Gran Fiesta Tour is objectively screen-based movement attraction. The rest are all standard films. Universal Studios Florida has 3 simulator attractions, several more that are flying between screens and what? One sitdown film attraction? It's hard to justify that argument.

That's a bit of an unfair accusation: Epcot has 2 simulator attractions, and only Gran Fiesta Tour is objectively screen-based movement attraction. The rest are all standard films. Universal Studios Florida has 3 simulator attractions, several more that are flying between screens and what? One sitdown film attraction? It's hard to justify that argument.
We can go further, Epcot has 2 Circle Vision attractions in the same park, and 2 Boat Rides right next to each other and a third boat ride on the other side of the park.

USF's problem is not screen attractions. It's that so many of them - essentially all of them, really - are simulators of one sort or another. Not the case in Epcot. I also think it's a bit unfair to be including pure shows in the tally.

ETA: What Ryan said!

Last edited:
When universal Florida opened, a lot of the rides were based off the California tram stops. But instead of just recreating those experiences, they went a step further and created full theme park rides out of them. King Kong, Earthquake; and Jaws were all huge improvements over what had been created in California.

The fact that we are in almost 2020, and Comcast has decided that just building clones of screen tram rides is “ok” in its premiere theme park is just sad.

I really hope they try a bit harder from here on out.

The new Potter ride sounds promising ; and Nintendo would sounds fantastic in concept. Please don’t screw those up!!

Last edited:
Questions for those who have ridden:

1) Is the driver just an inanimate prop? Is it super obvious?
2) The ride not being in 3D, does that reduce the effectiveness of the 360 tunnel?

Thanks.
The driver is a prop, and if it moves at all, it doesn’t do it during load or unload. It’s REALLY obvious, too, because none of the windows on the buses are tinted or fogged like they are in Kong.

It’s hard to answer the 3D question after one ride, but my general thought is that the the 360 room looks both too dim and too cartoonish. Whether either of those are affected by the lack of 3D, I don’t know.

I’d say the sense of movement through a space is about the same, although Car #2 suffers from the disconnect of following another vehicle in perfect step without being attached to it in any way.

Reactions: Paulio and Ryan
Yeah they did. Were told to build it and did with a great big middle finger sticking up showing how bad they could execute. I will see it soon but expect nothing and from what I hear it will live up to my expectations. I will head over to MiB and clean my palate with a classic ride hoping to put 999999 on the board.
Ok well if they were forced to build this then whatever, I would have been pissed too. Same for Fallon I'm guessing. Where's the bleeding edge technology though come on Thierry, that's was wrong to say I agree totally. Smh

Reactions: Ashhanbre