Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

I would love to see Hollywood build a Mini Golf Course for CityWalk. They have some space in the parking lot between Tony Roma's and Johnny Rockets, that would make for a good spot. Hollywood's CityWalk issue, is that they don't have enough entertainment/fun options. They have the movie theater and iFly...that's it.

fIrl0BA.jpg

I'll be the first to admit that it's not a great picture, but it looks like California Informer was more on it than they thought. Johnny Rockets is open for guests post-remodel.

We miss KWGB... How about some jingles from their radio station? Remember them? ;)

To be fair, Universal Hollywood Citywalk has a lot of variety for retail, including the likes of Guess; Things from Another World (A large Comic Book shop right next to the Universal Cinemas/Five Towers esplanade); Shoe Palace; ANGL; a Lush like place now called Nectar Bath Treets (which is HQ'ed in Vegas); and quite a few others.

To say this, and while it may be odd, I would've loved if Universal collaborated with VOID before that Disney deal began.

Universal Citywalk Hollywood actually did have something like that before, but closed down for Margaritaville.
Totally man, I agree :)

The Void is going to be expanding extremely rapidly in 2018 and 2019. They just opened a new location at the Glendale Gallery, so it might not have the luster it has now when there's one at every major mall.

I thought the only other location getting it is The Venetian as of now?

As of now, VOID I believe has wrapped on their UK event as the only other locations are at Downtown Disney, Disney Springs, The Glendale Gallery, and the upcoming Venetian location in Vegas.

a little DP, for those using Moviepass, Universal Cinema has now been lifted of the blackout originally placed onto the venue, so you can now see films at Universal Cinema as a Moviepass Subscriber.

a little DP, for those using Moviepass, Universal Cinema has now been lifted of the blackout originally placed onto the venue, so you can now see films at Universal Cinema as a Moviepass Subscriber.

Where did you hear this from? I haven't received any e-mail about it, nor is the theater showing up on my app. I desperately want to believe you, but it almost sounds too good to be true!

Where did you hear this from? I haven't received any e-mail about it, nor is the theater showing up on my app. I desperately want to believe you, but it almost sounds too good to be true!

Variety picked up the article, saying it was lifting of the AMC locations, including Universal Cinema, the AMC at Disney Springs, and a few others.

Found the article!

Very exciting news. No timeline on when that will be rolling out, but I can imagine it will positively impact revenue for not just Universal Cinemas, but CityWalk as a whole.

EDIT: Upon a second reading of the article, it appears that our beloved Universal Cinema will not be added to the available MoviePass locations. The article seems to be referring to a list of theaters that MP discontinued service at in January and will now resume service there. The list is as follows:
AMC Century City 15, Los Angeles, CA
AMC Mercado 20, Santa Clara, CA
AMC Disney Springs 24, Lake Buena Vista, FL
AMC Loews Boston Common 19, Boston, MA
AMC River East 21, Chicago, IL
AMC Mission Valley 20, San Diego, CA
AMC Tysons Corner 16, McLean, VA
AMC Veterans 24, Tampa, FL
AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16, Lynwood, WA​

In addition to those 9 theaters, AMC Empire 25 in Times Square has also been added. At this time, AMC Citywalk 19 (Universal Cinema) is still unavailable. Not sure why the article mentions it. Not saying that it won't be available in the future, but as of right now, it is not.

Last edited:
As a an anecdote, and I will be blunt: Saddle Ranch will be beginning work on demolition in the coming hours, and in theory, should be gone by the end of the month.

Demolition start's today.

I was at the park yesterday, and while I saw a sign is up for Sephora, to me, it didn't look ready to open by this Friday. The whole site was still behind tarps and walls.

From California Informer

I was at the park yesterday, and while I saw a sign is up for Sephora, to me, it didn't look ready to open by this Friday. The whole site was still behind tarps and walls.

Perhaps it's more done than we thought it'd be? I mean hell, it didn't seem like much was done to Nectar, and then boom, it was open with little foreword.