Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

with all this talk about silly attempts at walk-around characters, I just wanted to bring these pics up from HHN 12 at IOA...they're trying new things people, the quality stuff will filter through.

Attachments

• 2441284656_14ca1c0aaf_z.jpg
    2441284656_14ca1c0aaf_z.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 2892145107_3e3687aabc_b.jpg
    2892145107_3e3687aabc_b.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 39
with all this talk about silly attempts at walk-around characters, I just wanted to bring these pics up from HHN 12 at IOA...they're trying new things people, the quality stuff will filter through.
of course, that is just HHN...but...Actually, the second one isn't half bad. An 'upgraded version' could work at the new park if they get Lord of the Rings. I could see a whole herd of them thundering down the pathway. ;):lol:

The JP walkarounds weren't that good, but the people hiding in the bushes with raptor puppets on sticks were terrifying. They would lunge out at you with raptor squeals. Terrifying.

Was there this weekend. The ride was 90 minutes on Saturday afternoon. Some of the lowest waits I've seen for it since opening. I had FP and it was really smooth. I didn't realize the first time I rode it at opening I waited probably a whole hour even with FP as the line was literally still outside. But we were probably on and off the ride this time in 20 minutes.

It was my second ride and I enjoyed it as I felt a lot less sick. They had a lot of wind blowing so it was nice and cool. I mean I was still sweating but I was fine. :lol:

I still need to see the whole queue so I can judge the whole experience but from the parts that I have seen, just one of the best attractions in Orlando. So beautifully executed, even if it's next-gen BTTF/Simpsons.

Was there this weekend. The ride was 90 minutes on Saturday afternoon. Some of the lowest waits I've seen for it since opening. I had FP and it was really smooth. I didn't realize the first time I rode it at opening I waited probably a whole hour even with FP as the line was literally still outside. But we were probably on and off the ride this time in 20 minutes.

It was my second ride and I enjoyed it as I felt a lot less sick. They had a lot of wind blowing so it was nice and cool. I mean I was still sweating but I was fine. :lol:

I still need to see the whole queue so I can judge the whole experience but from the parts that I have seen, just one of the best attractions in Orlando. So beautifully executed, even if it's next-gen BTTF/Simpsons.
weird because i was there Saturday as well and never saw the line shorter than 120 minutes and that was at 9 pm could be because i didnt get there until after 4
i was bottom row seat 16 so i was the very bottom left and felt no difference

weird because i was there Saturday as well and never saw the line shorter than 120 minutes and that was at 9 pm could be because i didnt get there until after 4
i was bottom row seat 16 so i was the very bottom left and felt no difference

Strange. A lot of people recommend to try in the afternoon as that's when waits start to drop after the morning rushes. Either a theater went down or Pandora at night is such a draw that it causes wait times to increase.

Something I just realized. When I visited pandora a month ago we did the regular line no fast pass, it took about 45mins, and I did not see the avatar animatronic in the queue?? Anybody know why?

Something I just realized. When I visited pandora a month ago we did the regular line no fast pass, it took about 45mins, and I did not see the avatar animatronic in the queue?? Anybody know why?
it's pretty far back in a lab that doesn't draw anything to the eye, I missed it the first time i rode. Also not sure if you can really call it an audio-animatronic.

it's pretty far back in a lab that doesn't draw anything to the eye, I missed it the first time i rode. Also not sure if you can really call it an audio-animatronic.
I could swear we went from the cave section, to the long straightaway, to the linking chambers, then the ride. So it is in the preshows?

I could swear we went from the cave section, to the long straightaway, to the linking chambers, then the ride. So it is in the preshows?
You sure you didn't accidentally sneak into the FastPass line? You're describing FP line. The regular line goes caves, bioluminescent forest, lab, big room with giant screen and mural on wall, last room with pipes and divided queue lines, preshow.

The regular line goes caves, bioluminescent forest, lab, big room with giant screen and mural on wall, last room with pipes and divided queue lines, preshow.
I NEVER SEE THE FOREST, WHERE IS IT???. The other room, too, don't remember screens or murals.

Looking online, I must be taking the FP queue because I'm always in the first 30 people in AK when I go, they must put people in the FP line right away. I still saw the AA, though, sooo

I NEVER SEE THE FOREST, WHERE IS IT???. The other room, too, don't remember screens or murals.

Looking online, I must be taking the FP queue because I'm always in the first 30 people in AK when I go, they must put people in the FP line right away. I still saw the AA, though, sooo
Yea, they may have skipped sections of the queue if you were first. It's all great stuff too, (just don't add any spare change the growing piles in the forest.)

Yea, they may have skipped sections of the queue if you were first. It's all great stuff too, (just don't add any spare change the growing piles in the forest.)
It looks great, I don't want to wait in an hour line though, because I rarely go to Disney. Too bad, looks like a nice queue.

It seems you can take a peek at the AA through a window in the FP line, but it's much farther away than it is in standby.