Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Problem With Apu (Documentary, 2017)

latest

How long before protestors enter Springfield? People on twitter are going crazy for Abu.

To preface this, The Simpsons has been, and will always be, no stranger to controversy.

That being said, a bit surprised that they went on that level, and that it's somewhat..troublesome.

That said, will it affect the popularity of the land? That shouldn't be something that needs to be talked about, especially on a theme park forum. But, I think this is where we need to watch more closely to the TV ratings than the park's to see what happens.

The Simpsons is my favorite show of all time, but the writing has been "shaky at best" for like 18ish years now. Way many more years than it was fantastic. The sad thing about the whole controversy is I feel like classic Simpsons could have taken on the issue, and provided a funny, well thought out, and heartfelt response, but the writing for modern/current Simpsons is just AWFUL and has been for a long time, so it's not a surprise to me they have no idea how to effectively address something like this.

The Simpsons is coming up on 30 seasons and 30 years on the air. But now Apu is insensitive? He has ALWAYS been a caricature from the start.

Say what you will about The Simpsons writing now but their response was pretty dead-on. And if the "don't have a cow" picture really did have a double-meaning, that's pretty clever too.

The controversy will die down. This hasn't been moving fast enough or large enough to swell into a Blackfish type debacle. The whole controversy would've died sooner if the Simpsons hadn't addressed it in an episode.

(It takes a solid year to make a Simpsons episode, otherwise I would think that they would've addressed this about a year ago)

When they were expanding Springfield, it amazed me at how many folks were taking pictures with the construction walls (as they had many characters represented.

Man, if I want PC, I imagine I wouldn’t listen to artist like Frank Zappa, I know he is long gone, but why would anyone expect the Simpsons to be PC?

I see the humor in how Homer represents fathers from my generation, ethnicity...whatever...and the parks seem to tweak towards what they need for their audience.

Pretty much every Simpson’s character is a stereotype. Apu has been around as long as the show has been airing.

Hopefully the 30th season is it’s last. Watching the newer episodes and older ones, it’s almost like 2 different shows. FXX has been great if you want to check out the older ones. I highly recommend it if you haven’t watched older Simpson’s. It’s become one of my favorite shows

Looks like the PC police have caught up with Apu. Wonder if he is gone from the queu?
Hate for this to turn into a political thread, but this isn’t the climate we are in today and I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t even the end of this mess

Only posted that because the guy that does the voice was on CBS this morning saying he was done with it.

I really don't think they will alter the ride, land, or videos in anyway. They may change things for future projects on the show (possibly a new voice actor) but they aren't going to erase him from 28 years of existence

not to sound kinda mean but im wondering how many people complaining are actually Indian and not white people trying to force pc.My sisters husband is Indian and he worked at a gas station now he works for apple.