Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 202 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there can’t be concerns over how much of this park has to close in bad weather which is frequent in Florida?
You have the same amount of rides that close that you did before...with or without the new Potter coaster

In all reality, IOA is in better shape than say, Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens

As an European guest from the Netherlands (bad weather country nr1) I would hate to have a lot of rides in buildings. I remember being the first time in EPCOT Center. I was excited to see the palm trees and enjoy the beautiful weather but I was stuck in a gazillion movie theaters and buildings. Yes it will rain, the park will clean out and an hour later the sun is out again. It's not that it rains full days like here.

But you guys keep running rides. We rode Troy in a downpour. And it was AMAZING. Absolutely flying through the course. One of my most memorable coaster rides ever.

Reactions: tielo
You have the same amount of rides that close that you did before...with or without the new Potter coaster

In all reality, IOA is in better shape than say, Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens
Wouldn’t it have been nice if the number went down instead of staying the same?

I’m excited for this ride but to just ignore this and wave it off isn’t the right call imo. IoA needs more indoor rides.

Reactions: Magistra

I’m excited for this ride but to just ignore this and wave it off isn’t the right call imo. IoA needs more indoor rides.

This also seems to be a standard UOR is being held to at the same time, an impossible task of pleasing everyone or being a failure. "It's outside", at this time, doesn't feel like a criticism as much as empty complaining.

There is a park next door with nearly every attraction indoors...should've gotten a park to park pass

It’s based off the Hogwarts grounds and Forbidden Forest. It needs to be an outdoor ride.

Reactions: Quint
It’s based off the Hogwarts grounds and Forbidden Forest. It needs to be an outdoor ride.

It doesn't need to be. ET made a very convincing indoor forest almost 30 years ago.

I agree that IOA needs more indoor rides, I never noticed how bad it was until my last visit. Having said that, if we want a good coaster experience, it needs to be outdoor otherwise it's going to be a small condensed coaster or the price is going to skyrocket.

This also seems to be a standard UOR is being held to at the same time, an impossible task of pleasing everyone or being a failure. "It's outside", at this time, doesn't feel like a criticism as much as empty complaining.
There is a park next door with nearly every attraction indoors...should've gotten a park to park pass
Sorry for daring to question it, my bad :rolleyes:
The interior of the forest is so dark it would be fine in a showbuilding, just like the beginning of E.T. You guys are acting like I’m saying this is the worst decision ever when I’m just bringing up a valid point.

It doesn't need to be. ET made a very convincing indoor forest almost 30 years ago.

I agree that IOA needs more indoor rides, I never noticed how bad it was until my last visit. Having said that, if we want a good coaster experience, it needs to be outdoor otherwise it's going to be a small condensed coaster or the price is going to skyrocket.
The size also which you note and I think someone else did earlier. This ride indoors would probably be a lesser ride from what we know currently.

Having a large number of outdoors attractions has been a criticism of IoA I’ve heard since joining this forum. Considering how often Orlando parks avoid outdoor rides, I think it’s a fair point of discussion. And I don’t think anyone has called this ride a failure, merely reiterated a concern.

I’m completely excited for this ride and agree with the choice to have it outside. That doesn’t negate the fact that IoA having more indoor attractions would be great, imo.

Sorry for daring to question it, my bad :rolleyes:

Do question it! Lets also analyze it a bit more, too.

Islands of Adventure opened as a response from criticisms of USF being all E Ticket, indoor, non coaster attractions. So IoA was focused to feature large outdoor coasters, water rides, and kids rides. That's the fundamental design of the park. Since opening four attractions were added, three of which are covered/indoor. So IoA has adapted more to some of the challenges it faced. But the park is still focused on outdoors over indoor attractions and always will.

What I see and what I feel is the complaining about F&F (along with Nintendo moving as slow as molasses on a shingle in the middle of winter) is leading to knee jerk complaining. Instead of seeing what the ride is some on this site are writing it off based on rumors. Remember we waited for F&F to be announced before we complained it was the studio tour portion.

A side note since I am a mod, this is all my personal opinion above. As a mod team we will always allow discussions that don't violate forum rules, are on topic, and are in good faith.

I really don't care about the weather. I go in the winter when I have feet of snow at home. And avoid hurricane season which is about the only thing that shuts her down completely. (excluding Volcano Bay when it gets below 50, to which I laugh)

Reactions: Joel
Rides have handled inclement weather with no problems since rides began. Sure they might have to close for a short while whilst a storm passes over and you may well have to wait but come on, if it is hat much of a problem try an umbrella and some patience.

Isn't IOA about split between indoor/outdoor as it is now? Excluding the Seuse elevated thing. Forgot PF because I never ride it. Grinch provides indoor cover mid November into Jan. Toon theater could be better utilized, and jeebus could we get an upgrade to Sinbad?

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.