Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I personally don't really see a step down in quality from Potter to Kong to Fallon. The fit and finish to Fallons queue, particularly in the downstairs lobby is actually really well done. Everyone keeps saying the theatre isn't themed at all which is not true. The red seats with the blonde wood accents looks like the theater in Rockefeller Center, there are blonde wood panels on the wall and the studio light rig. I love the folks who are all, "OMG, look at that light rig, that's worse than the little mermaid ride". It's a movie, no light rig necessary. It's called detail to reinforce the theme. Or as us geeks call it, "THEMING!"

I get that everyone hates Jimmy, and it's a silly piece of fluff, and everyone is tired of 3D, but the ride is well done for a D Ticket and has really high GSATS. I don't really get the hate. I'd ride Fallon all day over NRJ.

And I really like Kong. More than Gringott's. But it really sticks to the gringott's formula. Massive facade, great queue, wonky storytelling, start and stop in front of big screens, and an anticlimactic climax.

I walked out of Flight of Passage kinda meh because I loathe the IP.

Last edited:
Kong wins over Fast for many reasons in basic theme park pacing and more interesting concepts to be a part of. The music, the outdoor portion, animatronic drivers having mini story arch etc...

But even with all of that stripped away the 36 inch Height Requirement and lack of naughty pathetic language and scantily dressed awkward club dancing.

At the end of the day Uni knew this attraction was going to be a cheap clone but they are probably surprised at just how bad the backlash has been. Half the effort and too late. The next film is likely taking place in the continent of Africa, still no sanfran present in the films(and nothing really in the ride either)

Not having 3-D was also just pure laziness. Typically, theme parks operate under a capital spending and an operational spending. Basically, the budgets are separate so a ride can be designed with the tunnel projections in 3D at little cost as the film and projections are already rendered in such elsewhere and meant to be seen that way. The only cost would be in operational upkeep maybe being slightly more of projectors and having to have the staffing and supplies to keep the glasses clean.

That is why the 3D not being there to save money is an interesting argument. Either way, another bad choice.

I personally don't really see a step down in quality from Potter to Kong to Fallon. The fit and finish to Fallons queue, particularly in the downstairs lobby is actually really well done. Everyone keeps saying the theatre isn't themed at all which is not true. The red seats with the blonde wood accents looks like the theater in Rockefeller Center, there are blonde wood panels on the wall and the studio light rig. I love the folks who are all, "OMG, look at that light rig, that's worse than the little mermaid ride". It's a movie, no light rig necessary. It's called detail to reinforce the theme. Or as us geeks call it, "THEMING!"

I get that everyone hates Jimmy, and it's a silly piece of fluff, and everyone is tired of 3D, but the ride is well done for a D Ticket and has really high GSATS. I don't really get the hate. I'd ride Fallon all day over NRJ.

And I really like Kong. More than Gringott's. But it really sticks to the gringott's formula. Massive facade, great queue, wonky storytelling, start and stop in front of big screens, and an anticlimactic climax.

I walked out of Flight of Passage kinda meh because I loathe the IP.
As I said, F&F caused me to appreciate Kong more than I used too...Do I think Kong was the best ride they could of done? No....But it's a way better execution of the 360 concept than F&F

Not having 3-D was also just pure laziness. Typically, theme parks operate under a capital spending and an operational spending. Basically, the budgets are separate so a ride can be designed with the tunnel projections in 3D at little cost as the film and projections are already rendered in such elsewhere and meant to be seen that way. The only cost would be in operational upkeep maybe being slightly more of projectors and having to have the staffing and supplies to keep the glasses clean.

That is why the 3D not being there to save money is an interesting argument. Either way, another bad choice.

I agree- how is it more money to go 3D again? The projectors aren’t significantly different in price. I guess it’s the extra staff for cleaning the glasses?

It won’t save the ride, but would certainly help. Maybe they make the move to 3D eventually when it’s time for projector replacement in 10 years or so- and hopefully 2 of the 3 culrpits- Simpson’s, minions and Shrek- are gone and there’s more physical rides via those and kidzone. Then F&F will feel like a respite. Addition by subtraction.

Only thing that doesn’t add up as 3D for a budget savings is the removal of 3D for FJ in USH. Feels like they’re adjusting what they can.

I see the wait time is currently 20 minutes!!! 20! how long has it been open? For comparison sake Transformers is listed as 25, Simpsons is 20 and Despicable Me as 65. I'm sure the capacity might be better here, but I don't remember Kong having this short of waits this early in it's existence.

I see the wait time is currently 20 minutes!!! 20! how long has it been open? For comparison sake Transformers is listed as 25, Simpsons is 20 and Despicable Me as 65. I'm sure the capacity might be better here, but I don't remember Kong having this short of waits this early in it's existence.

Where's the GP that was supposed to be eating this up?

Also, I've been catching up on Superstore (an NBC show) on demand, and they play a F&F ride commercial every single time. I find it hilarious how there's legit a few seconds (max) of people on the ride and that's it.

Where's the GP that was supposed to be eating this up?

Also, I've been catching up on Superstore (an NBC show) on demand, and they play a F&F ride commercial every single time. I find it hilarious how there's legit a few seconds (max) of people on the ride and that's it.

I think right now UNI management looks like the guy who swung and missed on a change-up. One hand off the bat and off-balance. That or they are waiting until summer hits and brings the crowds into the park. If a park is crowded, a bad ride will still get riders.

Kong continues to have long lines. On any given day it has one of the two or three longest lines of any USF (both parks) attractions. And Kong has high capacity, as opposed to Despicable Me's very low capacity.

It's actually good news for the overall satisfaction of the guests that this stinker doesn't have a long wait time. Those who are tricked into riding it won't be as furious (see what I did there?) as they would have been if they waited hours to ride it.

Also, I've noticed Universal's social media account has started asking for specific details from people who didn't like it which is a slight change of wording from the typical response to the negative feedback. I still think some minor tweaking will end up happening to this thing. It's not a good look to have a constant barrage of negativity but the social team is being really responsive and kind.

Last edited:
It's actually good news for the overall satisfaction of the guests that this stinker doesn't have a long wait time. Those who are tricked into riding it won't be as furious (see what I did there?) as they would have been if they waited hours to ride it.
This is a very good point. There are plenty of rides I will go on as long as there isn't much of a wait. Sometimes wait time and satisfaction are closely related.

Sounds like a nice day to be at USF...