Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Construction has now started. The front of it is actually really pushed back which means it could be getting a big facade which is why they need the space.

So if TrT is going in Mummy is The Thing going to go into the Metro Sets Tent?

Perhaps; or maybe it can go in 747 queue, and then IT goes in Metro Sets. or maybe The Thing goes in Water World, and Halloween goes in Metro. Honestly, at this point, our guesses with maze locations aren't the best (except for AHS).

So if TrT is going in Mummy is The Thing going to go into the Metro Sets Tent?

Who knows at this point? It could be there, it could be at Waterworld, it could become a John Carpenter mega-house alongside Halloween...ST being in the soundstage really threw the location speculation in a loop, and now I think it's pretty unclear what's going where. We got the broad strokes down, but I still think the properties could be shuffled around.

Perhaps; or maybe it can go in 747 queue, and then IT goes in Metro Sets. or maybe The Thing goes in Water World, and Halloween goes in Metro. Honestly, at this point, our guesses with maze locations aren't the best (except for AHS).
I would be extremely like 99% confident with AHS and Classic Monsters being at where they are at.

With the other 3 I simply see...

Halloween in Waterworld because of the closed spaces and that it would be the 3rd year for the venue to have a Slasher maze.

The Thing in Metro which can turn out extremely similar to Krampus from 2016 due to Effects and tons of Puppets. Seems like it would work for that area.

And IT in outside of 747 due to the long Queue lines it has and how most mazes put there have huge lines or are expected to have long lines (FVJ, Saw).

Well the speculative lineup; and the IP’s that are thought to be coming to Hollywood this year sound amazing and better than any other year.

Now that's fair enough, but what's going to matter more is the execution of them. Since if any of these IP's are executed like the mazes of last year...then it's all a "Looked good on paper" situation.

I would be extremely like 99% confident with AHS and Classic Monsters being at where they are at.

With the other 3 I simply see...

Halloween in Waterworld because of the closed spaces and that it would be the 3rd year for the venue to have a Slasher maze.

The Thing in Metro which can turn out extremely similar to Krampus from 2016 due to Effects and tons of Puppets. Seems like it would work for that area.

And IT in outside of 747 due to the long Queue lines it has and how most mazes put there have huge lines or are expected to have long lines (FVJ, Saw).
That sounds about right.

I have no idea what tram will be but I would give anything for the Director to be back. This is the thirteenth year after all.

That sounds about right.

I have no idea what tram will be but I would give anything for the Director to be back. This is the thirteenth year after all.
Murdy said the Tram would be a IP and would be a New Concept never introduced before and it would be it's own thing instead of 2 things sharing the same theme (TWD and Titans last year).

After the garbage fire that was last year for Tram I have no hopes for it.

Murdy said the Tram would be a IP and would be a New Concept never introduced before and it would be it's own thing instead of 2 things sharing the same theme (TWD and Titans last year).

After the garbage fire that was last year for Tram I have no hopes for it.
Let’s be honest, aside from ‘16 when it was okay, when was it not a dumpster fire?

I think TrT will be fine; even if it ends up being not scary or short it’ll at least be really good looking. I’m really excited for this year, judging by John’s Twitter it sounds like he’s really excited for all of the properties, but ESPECIALLY the UCM maze. I personally don’t care for the monsters but I’m really excited to see what he does with that maze since it sounds like its something he’s really passionate about. As for Terror Tram, there’s no hope for it no matter what it ends up being unless it ends up being a surprise hit like ‘16’s.

Let's face it, Terror Tram was only good in 2016 because it was an original concept and it allowed Murdy, Chris and Eli to run wild with creating ideas and characters..

I just hope the Terror Tram would be somewhat creative this year. instead of the same old thing all over. From the videos I saw from 2009 to present day, nothing significant has changed imo.