Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

This week would have been the best week to visit AK since Pandora opened last year. WDW has been slow all week. FOP has had the shortest 'observed' standby wait times I've seen since it opened, often dropping to as low as 45 minutes in the middle of the day(observed line times from Touring Plans app).

This week would have been the best week to visit AK since Pandora opened last year. WDW has been slow all week. FOP has had the shortest 'observed' standby wait times I've seen since it opened, often dropping to as low as 45 minutes in the middle of the day(observed line times from Touring Plans app).
It was super slow yesterday, except, there were chorus groups on a field trip or for some competition or something... and they were traveling in groups on 40 or more! So when I sat down in Satu'li Canteen it was quiet and no one was there, but halfway through the meal one group came in and the entire place was full, no more seating available. Sounded like a school cafeteria. They were nice folks though, (unlike other large groups I've encountered at Disney,) there was just a lot of them.

In other news, I was able to substitute out my grapes for slaw on the Cheeseburger Pod kids meal, and they gave me a big 'ol bowl of it too! Cashier said, no one has ever asked for that before. Ain't I special?

slaw.jpg

Oh, and the temporary seating area is still there. Looks like they set up for a Pandoran wedding reception and never cleaned up.

I don't put much stock in those numbers, but good for Animal Kingdom. As the most thematically cohesive and beautiful of the non-MK parks, it deserves to hold that second spot.

It will be interesting to see if Epcot's coming additions eventually move that needle, and what lessons Disney takes from it if they do/don't.

You just came back from a ban. Do you really wanna go about posting to stir the pot as soon as you come back?

You are on the thinnest of ice my man.

Have you ever seen the spongebob memes?

0b1.jpg

Don’t take everything so harsh. If you go back on this thread you’ll see the whole IP debate and how many thought it was going to be a miss.

Have you ever seen the spongebob memes?

0b1.jpg

Don’t take everything so harsh. If you go back on this thread you’ll see the whole IP debate and how many thought it was going to be a miss.

Yes I’m aware of the meme, which is used to mock and tease. Again - based on your past history, I’m saying don’t. End of it.

Pandora is a public success. Anyone that says otherwise is just letting their personal opinions get in the way of the obvious truth.

Toy story land is also likely to be a big success. Despite the theme park fans saying its “cheap”.
TSL will definitely be a success as far as getting people through the gates (though i'd say not nearly as much as Pandora), but it will also probably be a bit of a disappointment when it comes to the rides. After showing they can create an overwhelmingly popular modern-E ticket in Flight of Passage last year, I feel like many are going to be in for a slight shock (probably mostly the passive Disney fan, tbh) when they see that the only two new rides are Slinky and Saucers.

TSL will definitely be a success as far as getting people through the gates (though i'd say not nearly as much as Pandora), but it will also probably be a bit of a disappointment when it comes to the rides. After showing they can create an overwhelmingly popular modern-E ticket in Flight of Passage last year, I feel like many are going to be in for a slight shock (probably mostly the passive Disney fan, tbh) when they see that the only two new rides are Slinky and Saucers.

I think families with young children (the lion share of the Disney public) will eat it up. Parents don’t have to be wowed. Just the kids. Part of the enjoyment of going to the park with a young child is how they react to the rides.

Yes, Pandora caused a 15% spike in AK attendance, but it cost about a billion dollars so it should have had that kind of impact. The question is did they see ROI? Did those extra guests spend an extra billion dollars to cover costs? Did they really increase attendance overall, or just redistribute it between the four parks?

I was blown away by Flight of Passage, the food choices & quality, and the theming. They blew it with the boat ride IMO....but since that wasn't the main attraction, it only slightly detracts from the overall experience......a 9 out of 10 overall.

@Miketheboss certainly Pandora is quite a bit more successful than some care to admit based on personal opinions, but i also think VB should share in the success with an impressive 1.5 million people in just 7 months

@Nick i think TSL will have a great start to the summer but the rush will not last quite as long as Pandora because the quality just isnt there. Which is something i always say, execution and the ability to adapt to a theme park always out weighs IP

@GAcoaster Pandora seems to be the only land/IP where this question is brought up. Obviously if you go by the TEA numbers (which is all we have to go by) DAK increased quite a bit and didnt really take from any other park (maybe DHS but not much) which was a point made by many that no new people will go to the parks for Pandora. I mean the front cover of the TEA document is a picture of NRJ for goodness sake

anyways these are good discussions to have fun with, i dont take them too seriously

But theoretically those numbers in the TEA report are simply turnstile clicks. If guests spend a half day in a park or a whole day they still count the same. The real metrics are in guest spending which we'll never get to see.

But theoretically those numbers in the TEA report are simply turnstile clicks. If guests spend a half day in a park or a whole day they still count the same. The real metrics are in guest spending which we'll never get to see.
but i can make that argument for every theme park resort that has multiple theme parks
im not saying its the only metric im saying it certainly matters and shouldn't be dismissed so flippantly