Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

Can't wait to hear what you think!

That said, as it was brought up, I took the effort to set-up the Photos, Videos, and Reviews thread, as you can find here.

DreamWorks Theater - Reviews, Photos, & Videos
I’ll post my review in said thread, but right now the overflow is about 1/3 full. It’s about 30 minutes. Pinocchio is still sleeping on the job. :)

The park doesn’t seem so packed now especially since I walked past a giant exodus leaving USH. Pretty good for a holiday.

I’ll post my review in said thread, but right now the overflow is about 1/3 full. It’s about 30 minutes. Pinocchio is still sleeping on the job. :)

The park doesn’t seem so packed now especially since I walked past a giant exodus leaving USH. Pretty good for a holiday.

And no worries, I wanted to make sure it was clear for everyone.

That said, good to hear of crowd's lowering, as it may give Universal some ideas for management.

I feel like DreamWorks theater will be our Despicable Me in FL, where it'll be the attraction we look to to see how busy the park is on a given day.

After being told some things on capacity, I can easily see it. And in which, I am curious to see how they may have an extended queue set up, considering how Pings will be occupying the M&G space for a little while for Panda's first year.

I posted a mini review on my twitter, but I'll elaborate a bit here and still keep it spoiler free.

In short, I think the building looks amazing, as does the pre-show lobby. I do like the pre-show much better, and having it be a shorter length definitely helps as well. And I absolutely love that it's not 3D.

The inside of the theater also looks great, and the seats are very comfortable. As for the movie itself, it does it's job... to me, nothing super remarkable. But when you do get to the 180 degree portion, it's very impressive and fun how they interacted with the theater elements itself. It'll give many opportunities for repeat visits to catch all the sight gags, as I'm fairly sure there's got to be quite a few going on.

My largest complaint is the motion of the seats. There are some very cool and interesting motions, but some of the jerky motions are a bit violent for me (and I'm a huge roller coaster fanatic, so I'm not adverse to jerky rides--but this was very jarring to me), and make me recall what I didn't like about the motion seats in Shrek. And those violent/jerky motions are relatively frequent. It's something I'd perhaps hope they'd tone down a bit in time (not unlike how they toned down the motions in Transformers after the initial opening). That would make it much more re-rideable.

As it is, I do think it's a good addition for the park, and I'm curious to see future iterations of the attraction as they (hopefully) put in new movies over time. But until they tone down some of the seat movements, it's not quite a home run for me. Or I may just sit in the non-motion seats and see how that plays out.

I will also second the fact that for a holiday, the park wasn't all that crowded today. FJ was about a 25 minute wait. Perhaps that was a factor in them deciding to soft open it today? Though I did hear the stand by line was about 30-45 minutes (I used my Platinum Express).

Rode it today too, I liked it, the projection mapping is beautiful but the show is a bit short. The pre show is the best IMO, but I echo the comments on the seats. The headrests are a bit uncomfortable at times too. Smelled like a new HHN maze when I entered.

I appreciate that the theater has projection mapping. My biggest gripe about most simulators is that they provide nothing I can’t get outside of a theme park. My local movie theater offers simulator seats with effects.

So far, theme parks are the easiest place for me to see projection mapping effects.

I appreciate that the theater has projection mapping. My biggest gripe about most simulators is that they provide nothing I can’t get outside of a theme park. My local movie theater offers simulator seats with effects.

So far, theme parks are the easiest place for me to see projection mapping effects.

For now....I saw Black Panther with motion seats and projection mapping. But yes enjoy it while you can!

For now....I saw Black Panther with motion seats and projection mapping. But yes enjoy it while you can!

I'd argue we are a ways off from Projection Mapping (or Multi-Screens in the case of what you saw) in modern movie theaters. That's looking 10 years at most (besides, that's not the proper thing to talk about when we are discussing about a theme park addition, which would have more time and budget to make something fit for that environment).

That said, Panda is an interesting endeavor, one that should be discussed in the proper wavelengths.

I'd argue we are a ways off from Projection Mapping (or Multi-Screens in the case of what you saw) in modern movie theaters. That's looking 10 years at most.

That said, Panda is an interesting endeavor, one that should be discussed in the proper wavelengths.

Oh don't get me wrong, this is a great improvement. I also think this will be well beloved for quite a while especially once they add the flex into it.

Oh don't get me wrong, this is a great improvement. I also think this will be well beloved for quite a while especially once they add the flex into it.

I think this will have potential to be something that can stick around for a long time, especially if they do add more than 1 film per day, it gives incentive for repeat visits to the theater and in-turn, giving more for people to do while they wait for something to happen, or not having anything to do while their party is somewhere else.

I think this will have potential to be something that can stick around for a long time, especially if they do add more than 1 film per day, it gives incentive for repeat visits to the theater and in-turn, giving more for people to do while they wait for something to happen, or not having anything to do while their party is somewhere else.
Hopefully they add themed shows for Holloween and Christmas

I enjoyed it! The attraction is definitely better than Shrek. I'm sure those working are still learning but they were barely filling up the last few rows.

- That final projection scene had me in aw. It reminded me of the grand finale of Mystic Manor.

*Another complaint for me is that the seats seemed a bit low. Other than that, it's a fine addition to USH. DM is now my least favorite USH attraction

Last edited: