Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Yes and no

Wasn't there a find the pokemon thing in the park like a year ago? Still popular?

Last edited by a moderator:
You son need to read more. Tolkien, Lewis and Clarke are the founders of fantasy fiction as you know it. Those stories will live forever. Gameplay will fade away like the first grade love you may have had.

In fact it's strange that Narnia has never hit the theme parks(that I know of) , classic story. Maybe Lewis and heirs said no.

Oops, that requires reading to respond, kinda.

You son need to read more. Tolkien, Lewis and Clarke are the founders of fantasy fiction as you know it. Those stories will live forever. Gameplay will fade away like the first grade love you may have had.
In fact it's strange that Narnia has never hit the theme parks(that I know of) , classic story. Maybe Lewis and heirs said no.
Oops, that requires reading to respond, kinda.

I want to say this in a delicate way, but that I think you are barking at the wrong tree at the wrong thread.

To say this, I do agree in some aspects, that some games are like as you say. But, and this is where I say this carefully, it's with some.

Nintendo, has Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Two, are evergreen properties, that reach millions of people of how simple it presents themselves, and that Zelda, for fans of Nintendo, will treat it as a gem due to how it is a very crucial IP to Nintendo's growth, in the same way that Mario was when the NES launched in 1985 (even though Zelda launched shortly after SMB).

I can tell you right now, Tolkien would garner a larger splash than C.S.Lewis, but that's due to the amount of awareness that Lord of The Rings/Middle Earth has over Narnia, and all of C.S.'s iconic works. It doesn't help C.S.'s works to where when people have adapted his material, it hasn't worked out nicely, see Narnia.

If you want to talk about the potential of works like C.S.Lewis, Tolkien, or Clarke having a presence at Gate IV, do so in the proper thread. But please, keep this thread oriented on Nintendo and not on book IP's that can be talked about elsewhere.

Ridgepole, Nintendo started in 1889. They were enjoying success from selling the hottest games(at the time card games) while the authors you listed were still in cloth diapers.

Now I don't know about you, but to survive and thrive 130 years is pretty damn impressive. Some might say they've stood the test of time even.

You don't have to personally give a flying Donkey Kong about Nintendo or video games in general, but maybe do a tiny bit of research about the stuff before throwing around "ugly truths" that amount to little more than uninformed opinions.

How would you put it... maybe you could read more? Perhaps some non-fiction this time around.
Mario_%28Pipe%29_-_Super_Mario_Sticker.gif

Ridgepole, Nintendo started in 1889. They were enjoying success from selling the hottest games(at the time card games) while the authors you listed were still in cloth diapers.

Now I don't know about you, but to survive and thrive 130 years is pretty damn impressive. Some might say they've stood the test of time even.

You don't have to personally give a flying Donkey Kong about Nintendo or video games in general, but maybe do a tiny bit of research about the stuff before throwing around "ugly truths" that amount to little more than uninformed opinions.

How would you put it... maybe you could read more? Perhaps some non-fiction this time around.

To be fair, Nintendo didn't have the fat plumber at the start, and that Nintendo was doing a lot of different things before gaming became iconic to begin with.

That said, Nintendo is iconic for what it has achieved to do, games and products that can appeal to families and demographics of all-ages. And that, I think underselling the marketability of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, DK, Yoshi, and quite a few other things is a bit off-putting.

They have two iconic films for being awful

How is Mario not iconic? He’s better than the Minions, Shrek, all other DW properties, LOTR, Transformers, F&F, MiB, Simpson’s, and Grinch.

exciting stuff. But not more than an arcade. France makes a lot of cheese. Because there are so many tastes U would guess. Enjoy your gaming. I just hope it doesn't take up too much space as it is ....shall I say "childish"
unless we are competing with the mouse for kids. And those "kids" that play Nintendo games

exciting stuff. But not more than an arcade. France makes a lot of cheese. Because there are so many tastes U would guess. Enjoy your gaming. I just hope it doesn't take up too much space as it is ....shall I say "childish"

Then a fair question to ask, why open up a can of worms to when there will be a lot of people going against your position?

__

That said, as I said, that can be a time/discussion for another area.

You are right. Some people hate opposing views here or anywhere.

I'm learning it's best to stfu on this site. It doesn't matter if you go to the parks, really know the the parks, it's only about some opinion about the parks, some informed some not.

Dude we're all pretty lighthearted here buy you're honestly just being rude at this point. You can have your opinions without directing what you seem to think are sly insults at other people. No one is upset that you're questioning the longevity of video games in theme parks - it's the way you're talking to other people and holding your nose in the air as if you're a better person for it. This is also going way off topic. Can we get back to a discussion of Nintendo as it regards theme parks rather than it's literary/worldly value?

You are right. Some people hate opposing views here or anywhere.

That's not what I meant.

I mean it when there are better places that can lead to that kind of discussion, as frankly, I do think you raise a potentially interesting point in stories that come from not just the typical norm of what we want.

But, doing it in a thread related very much against it, a thread that can lead to people seeing you on a bad angle, is not the best call.

You shouldn't force yourself to be quiet, but i think placement is a great thing to wonder about.

To turn back to Nintendo, I'm interested in how they could do Pokemon in an ARG, as it may be a possible way to add burner fuel for a smaller scale, while Universal invests on figuring out what's best for the IP.

According to Forbes the best selling games are not Mario ,Zelda etc. Now. Such a fluid market. I understand if you bought a platform and love it. It will fade away. It's like fallout, Forza and others?

Last edited:
Another child. I was never rude. Just don't think that games should take a front seat in the expansion. Sorry.

Appears some of you love the idea. Uni hopes you will show up and put your money where your really nice opinions are. If they go that way.