Bumblebee (2018) | Inside Universal Forums

Bumblebee (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like it could be really good. It's certainly a different animal from the other movies...Bumblebee is a key character at the end of the Transformers ride, so that's a nice tie in for the attraction.

Looks like it could be really good. It's certainly a different animal from the other movies...Bumblebee is a key character at the end of the Transformers ride, so that's a nice tie in for the attraction.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a second attraction if the movie and its possible sequels turn out good.

When Travis Knight was confirmed of directing, I was hooked. And with this teaser, I am fully on-board with the project.

Can't wait to see it, as I hope this is the reboot that the franchise needs.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I am such a sucker for a Transformers movie, it's not even funny. But this one actually looks good.

When Travis Knight was confirmed of directing, I was hooked. And with this teaser, I am fully on-board with the project.

Can't wait to see it, as I hope this is the reboot that the franchise needs.

Knight directed Kubo and the Two Strings, which is honestly one of my favorite movies animated or live action. He’s been one of the head animators for Laika so it looks like he knows what he’s doing. I was excited about this movie before the trailer and now that I’ve seen it, December can’t come any sooner.

Knight directed Kubo and the Two Strings, which is honestly one of my favorite movies animated or live action. He’s been one of the head animators for Laika so it looks like he knows what he’s doing. I was excited about this movie before the trailer and now that I’ve seen it, December can’t come any sooner.

Yup.

I really hope this is a reboot, as Travis has a lot of great potential, especially as a director.

One thing I am sincerely happy with though, is the designs, as I am glad that they are sticking towards the G1 Show more now, especially with Starscreams design.

Say. No. More.

Definitely getting some Iron Giant vibes from this.

While the last few Transformer films have been atrocious, in my opinion, this one actually piqued my interest. I guess that’s what happens when you get rid of Michael Bay as the director haha.

Side note: she had a VERY relaxed reaction to her car turning into a giant sentient robot.

Reactions: jtsalien
Those designs are still reminiscent of the Michael Bay trashheap decepticons, but the fact that they actually have color schemes means a lot.

I actually liked how they tackled the designs of the Autobots and Decepticons for the first three (not colors), as they offer a lot of opportunities for movement and detail.

Glad they aren't leaving that aspect behind, and the colors sofar for Bumblebee, Starscream, and the two new Decepticons we see are great sofar.