Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

I broke down and nabbed the Funcard. I haven’t had a BG pass in a while, and as a local it’ll be nice to be able to go again. I won’t go often enough that the lack of parking will be a major deal.

Was visiting the park today, and there was quite a bit of work going on at Tidal Wave. Some trucks removing the track & clearing the area from the final drop to the station. Looks like they opted to move forward with that area, but now the question is what'll they be putting in it's place, if anything? With the trademarks filed by SEAS, and now the demolition of TTW, highly doubt they're just gonna leave it as an empty plot. Will try to get some screens of the work next time I go if they've begun removing the lift & drop, they hadn't made it that far quite yet.

Both Busch Gardens and Adventure Island seem to be at capacity with no more cars currently being allowed to park.
Yeah man, just drove by. That parking lot is packed tight. Sure hope they can build a two, maybe three-level garage on top of it to accommodate all that traffic in the future.

Not sure, but SeaWorld has been having large attendance boosts across the chain recently. They reported a 15% attendance surge for Q1, it looks like things may be turning around.

Not sure, but SeaWorld has been having large attendance boosts across the chain recently. They reported a 15% attendance surge for Q1, it looks like things may be turning around.
It's a down year for Disney and Universal, next year will be interesting with a new HP coaster and new interesting ride at HS

It's a down year for Disney and Universal, next year will be interesting with a new HP coaster and new interesting ride at HS
In fairness to SW, SoulPride did say there were large attendance gains across the chain. What happens in Orlando should not affect most of the chain, which seems to be doing well at the moment.

Forgot to post this, took this during my visit yesterday. Demolition is moving along nicely, crews had been cutting the lift & turn into sections, while an excavator was busy pulling chunks off the drop on TTW. Ride is definitely coming apart rather quickly, wonder when we'll see an announcement for 2019 now..

Attachments

• TTWDemo.jpg
    TTWDemo.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 15
  • TTWDemo2.jpg
    TTWDemo2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 15
Yesterday Aquatica was at capacity here in Orlando, and SWO was crankin them in as well. The mix of value admission offerings is getting people through the doors and once they're there, they are spending money.

Now the new capex for next year will hopefully continue that momentum. I'm thinking that the idea of RMCing Gwazi has gained momentum.

Now the new capex for next year will hopefully continue that momentum. I'm thinking that the idea of RMCing Gwazi has gained momentum.
Hopefully they can pull that off. I just rode Twisted Cyclone last week, the RMC version of the Georgia Cyclone at SFoG. It turned a coaster I hated into an amazing ride.

If Six Flags is doing it, the cost must be reasonable (Under $7 million a coaster), which makes it a better investment than a Premier shuttle would be.

Looks like it's set in stone
Terrible.

It's a fun ride but an attraction with a capacity of what Premier claims is 500 people per hour (more like 250 with the way they load at BGT)is insane at a park like Busch Gardens. Get ready for 3-4 hour long waits and very angry guests.

They had better follow this one up with a BIG coaster/dark ride with amazing capacity.

Terrible.

It's a fun ride but an attraction with a capacity of what Premier claims is 500 people per hour (more like 250 with the way they load at BGT)is insane at a park like Busch Gardens. Get ready for 3-4 hour long waits and very angry guests.

They had better follow this one up with a BIG coaster/dark ride with amazing capacity.

They might have a double-load system. Still too early to tell.