Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to this thread, and I don’t know why but... this topic has peaked my interest in OZ. More specifically Wicked. Started reading more into what it was about and was very intrigued. Today I just booked a trip to NY to go see Wicked at the Gershwin theatre on broadway. Wicked has been voted one of, if not the #1 Broadway Musical of this century. Stephen Schwartz‘s score is beyond brilliant and what an amazing plot the musical portrays. I honestly don’t see OZ as a land for the parks, but dedicating a studio set for a live musical show would be fenomenal. Or something at City Walk built just for Wicked would be even better. Maybe in the new city walk rumored for the South Park, but as the film version is going to popularize the musical even more, it should be at UOR for when that happens.
614B67AA-5D05-4D71-A252-CEC9207463AC.jpeg

Edit: forget to mention I couldn’t be more excited to see the musical. I am ecstatic and have no doubt in my mind that I will be beyond blown away at the performance. :clap:

Thanks to this thread, and I don’t know why but... this topic has peaked my interest in OZ. More specifically Wicked. Started reading more into what it was about and was very intrigued. Today I just booked a trip to NY to go see Wicked at the Gershwin theatre on broadway. Wicked has been voted one of, if not the #1 Broadway Musical of this century. Stephen Schwartz‘s score is beyond brilliant and what an amazing plot the musical portrays. I honestly don’t see OZ as a land for the parks, but dedicating a studio set for a live musical show would be fenomenal. Or something at City Walk built just for Wicked would be even better. Maybe in the new city walk rumored for the South Park, but as the film version is going to popularize the musical even more, it should be at UOR for when that happens.
View attachment 6932

Edit: forget to mention I couldn’t be more excited to see the musical. I am ecstatic and have no doubt in my mind that I will be beyond blown away at the performance. :clap:
It's great, the current cast is awesome!

When the rights to the story are in public domain, anyone can do it. The Oz stories lend themselves well to themed attractions. As long as you don't infringe on the things that were trademarked by MGM (now Warner), you can build any aspect of Oz you want.

View attachment 6932

Read the book though. While both are fantastic, they are tonally extremely different. The stage version focuses more on character relationships while the book is more about the weight of knowledge and exception (with a tiger sex party).

View attachment 6932

Wicked is Awesome. You'll will have a great time. When is your trip?

Talking about the best coasters in Orlando on the JP thread has got me thinking, I’d love a brilliantly themed semi-indoor gigacoaster similar to Mako, going in and out of a mountain. I think it could fit most of the speculated IPs, especially HtTYD.

Are they going to build a 300 feet tall mountain? No. Do you seriously want a giant mountain being dwarfed by a coaster?
A lot of the spec has discussed a giant mountain in the center of the park that anchors the navigation of the park.

Also, are you saying the coaster would make the mountain look smaller? Not sure I understand that last question.

I personally think Oz is too out there for Universal's taste. They mostly market towards teens and adults, so I can't imagine something like that being very profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.