Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

E3 2018

FINAL E3 2018 IMPRESSIONS

Best games:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Last of Us 2
- Forza Horizon 4
- Spider-Man
- Assassins Creed: Odyssey
- Control

Best exclusive: The Last of Us 2

Best conference: Microsoft

Biggest surprises: Starfield & Elder Scrolls 6/Microsoft buying four studios and creating a fifth/Microsoft announcing the production of new Xbox consoles

Biggest Disappointment: Nintendo's entire conference

Biggest waste of time: EA's conference

Worst moment: EA spending ten minutes on a mobile game/Nintendo spending TWENTY-FIVE minutes on Smash

Final thought: I want whatever Hideo Kojima is smoking. Seriously, what even is Death Standing?

Some thoughts on E3, as definite predictions

Ten of the most exciting games (in no order)

- Cyberpunk 2077
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Spider-Man
- Ori and The Will of The Wisps
- The Last of Us: Part Two
- Assassins Creed: Odyssey
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Fallout 76
- Sea of Solitude

Best Conference: Microsoft (Presentation and Variety, made me happy, as they had a lot of things I like to see.)

Second Best: Sony (Despite the really jarring transition, they had the best showing of First Party and Second Party Exclusives)

Worst Conference: EA (They felt out of touch, had virtually nothing that I would want to play, outside of Sea of Solitude, and really didn't make me think they learned from their mistakes)

This year, felt like a transitional year, which makes sense, as Sony/Microsoft are preparing for their future and that Nintendo is riding from it's successful first year. Next year, I am betting, will be different for at-least the first party companies. I just wish Nintendo extended their Direct to a full 60 minute conference, as I wouldn't of minded the extended blowout for Smash if they had the Direct have at-least 30-35 minutes worth of time.

:chainsaw:
Delete this

It might be a good game, but there was no reason to spend that much time on it. I was literally trying to predict when it would end, so that they could show other games.

I present a live conversation between me and Nintendo. Recorded it live.

Me: "It'll end in five minutes"

Nintendo: "Nope, more Smash"

Me:"It'll end in ten?"

Nintendo: "Nope, even more Smash"

Me:"Okay, it finally ended! Time for some Metroid!"

Nintendo: "Are you sure about that? ;)"

ME:"WHERE IS METROID?!?"

It might be a good game, but there was no reason to spend that much time on it. I was literally trying to predict when it would end, so that they could show other games.

I present a live conversation between me and Nintendo. Recorded it live.

Me: "It'll end in five minutes"

Nintendo: "Nope, more Smash"

Me:"It'll end in ten?"

Nintendo: "Nope, even more Smash"

Me:"Okay, it finally ended! Time for some Metroid!"

Nintendo: "Are you sure about that? ;)"

ME:"WHERE IS METROID?!?"
Personally, Nintendo’s other franchises aren’t something I get hyped over, they’re just things that I enjoy when I play them, but I’m not really begging for more.

Smash, on the other hand, is something I play with my friends online and local, night and day, so spending so much time on it made me ecstatic.

Y'all making "best moments" when the show floor just opened. Y'all crazy!

Isn't it fun to sometimes be crazy? ;)

In all seriousness, it's more due to that I am taking my bow due to that I am now getting back to writing and organizing for content, and that it's going to get me away from the forums for a bit.

I’d hope the next 2D Mario isn’t NSMB.

Talk about creative bankruptcy :thud:

P.S. only the DS and Wii versions sold like hot cakes. 3DS and Wii U sold significantly less.

The Wii U had lower sales across the board, and the DS was the first of its kind. Give it a chance on the Switch, but have a backup ready just in case, AKA Mario Maker (where was that, Nintendo?)