Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2018

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Details have begun to come out for Howl-O-Scream, as it will run from 19 nights starting on September 21st to October 31't, with Zombie Containment Unit seeming to be leaving the event via by a live-stream.

Any ideas if there will be a shuttle service from Orlando for HoS this year? Really wanting to go but not driving so would be the only option. I know they’ve done it in the past but not sure if it’s been discontinued...

^What was wrong with last year? I didn't personally visit but it seemed to get positive reviews as usual.
The new house was mediocre and they played Skrillex throughout the entire park

I've been going since the event started...This year and 2007 were the weakest

Agreed, I miss the days of After Hours, Freaked!, and The Hunted. What used to make HOS so special wasn't that it was pretty and over produced like HHN, but that they did unique stuff that gave the entire event a level of unpredictability that other Halloween events didn't offer.

Agreed, I miss the days of After Hours, Freaked!, and The Hunted. What used to make HOS so special wasn't that it was pretty and over produced like HHN, but that they did unique stuff that gave the entire event a level of unpredictability that other Halloween events didn't offer.
It lost its energy when Scott was fired..I feel HOS is simply copying Shallow Grave these days

Details have begun to come out for Howl-O-Scream, as it will run from 19 nights starting on September 21st to October 31't, with Zombie Containment Unit seeming to be leaving the event via by a live-stream.

Here's an example, this guy seems lost...He's also in an empty unthemed room that tried hard to be a Run clone

And here is an interview with Scott,

Over on facebook the event confirmed that Death Water Bayou is returning. Which is a little surprising considering there seemed to be rumblings 2017 was it's last year...but considering a good chunk of the newer houses just haven't been up to snuff (Motel Hell being a huge exception), it might be a good reason to keep the house which has consistently been killing it for at least 5 years straight.

I wish they had more of a budge to bring newer houses each year. They don’t change the old houses much and that kind of bothers me. I mean what’s the point of going year after year if you can catch the houses the next 3 years after its opening.

I wish they had more of a budge to bring newer houses each year. They don’t change the old houses much and that kind of bothers me. I mean what’s the point of going year after year if you can catch the houses the next 3 years after its opening.
Many of the HOS houses have been very strong and worth repeating...Motel Hell for instance...Some of the new stuff has me nervous though...If you have a bad house, you're stuck with it

They used to update and change the returning houses every year

In the past they used to spice things up each year even if it was a repeat house. It may have been presented as a sequel, and in some instances you'd do the maze in reverse with some redecorating. Now-a-days it feels more like a "best of" event with a couple new additions sprinkled in... lather, rinse, repeat. I wish they would go back to being more creative.

Unearthed has been confirmed to be returning this year. Personally, Motel Hell, Death Water Bayou and Unearthed are my favorites so I'm happy to see those coming back.

Many of the HOS houses have been very strong and worth repeating...Motel Hell for instance...Some of the new stuff has me nervous though...If you have a bad house, you're stuck with it

They used to update and change the returning houses every year

Hello, Black Spot and Undead Arena.

An' for what it's worth, on the twitter post of Unearthed's return, they mention two things. "She's Back", and there's a new twist to the house. Thing is, they don't say what the twist is.

Hello, Black Spot and Undead Arena.

An' for what it's worth, on the twitter post of Unearthed's return, they mention two things. "She's Back", and there's a new twist to the house. Thing is, they don't say what the twist is.

The twist is they've cut two rooms in the house due to budget constraints...HORRAH