Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be more stuff like that at IOA, and I don't understand why they've stopped with the Raptor Encounter.

To paraphrase Ian Malcolm, "Eventually we might have more dinosaurs in our dinosaur land, right? Hello?"
Ironically, the park used to feel more "alive" simply by having the electric fences from the movie and some sound effects/good placement of trees

I think a regular RMC would fit the JP aesthetic quite well...And be an RMC....In Florida :party:

It doesn't even need to have loops. The smooth steel rails should hold up to the FL heat/humidity and a wooden superstructure would play into Jurassic Park's setting. Plus, RMC puts together a good ride. I want to get up to Steel Vengeance this year. It is supposed to be very smooth and fast, which are two awesome traits for a coaster. I'm not into getting my head rattled as I did in my youth.

It doesn't even need to have loops. The smooth steel rails should hold up to the FL heat/humidity and a wooden superstructure would play into Jurassic Park's setting. Plus, RMC puts together a good ride. I want to get up to Steel Vengeance this year. It is supposed to be very smooth and fast, which are two awesome traits for a coaster. I'm not into getting my head rattled as I did in my youth.
Yep, a launched RMC with good airtime is all we need...Throw in some raptor AA's and some destroyed fences and you're good

I'd agree with that. Keep the iconic name, add in some JW flavoring here or there

I would almost argue that JW2 should have no impact on the JP area. Nothing really ties back to Jurassic Park except for the very first part. Can't say anything further without a spoiler alert.

Sometimes, it is better to let things stand alone and not try to have tie-ins. Gringotts exists even though Hallows finished off both Gringotts and Voldemort. So, I see no real reason to change Jurassic Park in order to tie into the movies. I think that it would be different if JP wasn't well established or if they had a complete overhaul in the works. Even the JPRA makes the most sense with Jurassic Park. They would have to change the entire experience and we don't need another "save the dinosaur" ride.

After watching JW2, I really don’t see the need to change JP. It provided nothing park wise outside of new Dinos. No new JW related scenery. Keep it as JP, just update rides with JW Dinos. Easy.
If they really wanted, they could play the "different island" card....I actually don't think people take the continuity of Jurrasic Park/World that seriously haha

Status
Not open for further replies.