Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Left this thread on the 4th to avoid spoilers, and saw the show on the 7th and 8th. I really really like it, this is a bigger scale show than I expected for Universal. The choreography, fountains, and projection mapping are all on point, but I do have some complaints:
  • Say what you want about nostalgia, I’m in my teens and I felt that it was strange how little classic content was included
  • Jurassic World had WAY too much time alotted, should be halved and maybe halved again after that
  • E.T. had a bit too much time
  • F&F had way too much time, and felt very chaotic
  • I personally don’t think that Sing has any place in the show, even with how little time it had
  • Transformers felt really chaotic
  • The pauses in between sections felt weird
  • The screens could be a bit blurry
  • The gas flames felt underwhelming size and distance-wise
Franchises that (imo) should be included in future updates: Jurassic Park(!), Jaws, BttF, Kong, Shrek
And now some highlights:
  • The fireworks were fantastic, the way that some of them would fill the horizon was beautiful
  • E.T., Dreamworks, and HP sections were great
  • Fountains were much more beautiful than I had ever anticipated
  • The opening and closing sections with the swelling orchestral music were simply emotional

In summary: I really enjoyed the show's production although I feel some of the franchise picks were out of place.

Last edited:
I think the flames will be the first to go. They are small and aren't gas powered. They just drop into a pyro mortar and then they're ignited. No gas involved.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but has anyone noticed that we never see the face/likeness of any actor from the Jurassic Franchise, and we only see Vin Diesel from the Furious franchise? There’s so many iconic human moments (quotes, etc) from these films that could improve this show yet we don’t have them.

Appears the Universal lawyers told the show producers that they didn’t have permission to use certain actors for this particular use.

(Just because it’s a universal film doesn’t mean universal has carte blanche to do anything and everything with the footage. These days, every use is negotiated).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Just to clear it up, that street is closed because of the falling shells during fireworks. Team Membets have to be given permission that it’s safe to even go back and clean up.

Once cleaned, then it can be reopened.

Considering that the persons programming the show were sitting, I would think that the view will be fine.
That is true but they weren't in the front but rather at the back of the viewing area.
Can someone check if there is a designated viewing area for wheelchairs, please.

It's in technical rehearsals, but I believe it's played every night since rehearsals started.
There will be an employee only show tonight. It will take place after the park is closed... Whether that means there will not be a public performance -or- they will actually be showing it twice in one night, I do not yet know. Just a heads up.

You’re Invited to an Exclusive Viewing of Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration at 11:15pm TONIGHT (Tuesday, July 10) (updated 7/9/2018)

Be among the first to witness Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration at an exclusive, after-hours Team Member only technical rehearsal at 11:15pm tonight, Tuesday, July 10! This opportunity is open to active Team Members only (no guests). Team Member Services will provide light snacks while supplies last, along with music and a prize drawing.

Team Member Exclusive Viewing: Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration
Tonight, Tuesday, July 10
Show starts at 11:15pm

Central Park Viewing Area - USF Space is limited and viewing will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. Team Members must enter the Central Park viewing area through Springfield only. Please have your valid UO Team Member ID ready and follow the directions of Event Operations or Security as needed.
Info from UO Team Member site.

So sad I left Orlanfo without seeing the consolidate show. So happy I'll need come back again (hopefully with Hagrid's coaster already oppen) :grin:

Reactions: tielo
I thought that exit song was the version from Trolls.

although if someone is bored and wants to pull out the entire soundtrack of the show, go ahead!