Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Alton Towers have the same limits? AT is great, but it's nowhere near the level that Phantasialand is on.
I believe they have something similar. I find it to be quite interesting how different parks deal with their limitations. The rides may not always be the best, but it’s usually a lot more impressive than making the tallest, longest, and fastest coaster in essentially a sandbox environment where they can do whatever they want.

Taron also proves my point of how un-themed Dragon Challenge was. There’s so much there that your eyes barely focus on the supports. The track is also painted in a way to almost blend in with the rock work. This is actual effort put into theming a big coaster, not Dragon Challenge.

Taron looks amazing. Ever since it opened, I have wished that the US would be one similar. Phantasialand looks like an awesome park. Taron and Black Mamba are well-themed thrill rides and Chiapas looks like a well-themed flume. If the HP coaster is anywhere close to Taron (though a family coaster), it will be an awesome addition to IOA.

[QUOTE="LintemuthStudios, post: 680398, member: 8247"
Also, does anyone know what is in that building the track is going to go around?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to those rectangular grey buildings, I was thinking they might be buildings to house electronics and such for animatronics or some type of theming.

It’s getting spicy in here. But on the bright side, the coaster is coming together nicely. :grin:

Yeah, let us soak in more of the sun that is of a coaster like what we are seeing being built.

*ahem* allow me, to make a joke.

upload_2018-7-11_18-20-43.png

Compared over Slinky, the amount of Launches are insane, and I am in LOVE with that. Especially if they forest up this coaster, it's going to make for the guests, something extremely unpredictable and highly enjoyable. I'm all in for it.

I'm hoping the launches are a little more forceful than the Slinky, I rode it on the 22nd for a work event and wasn't that impressed. Not to say it wasn't fun, but it definitely left me wanting more.

I'm hoping the launches are a little more forceful than the Slinky, I rode it on the 22nd for a work event and wasn't that impressed. Not to say it wasn't fun, but it definitely left me wanting more.
Intamin LSMs have gotten much more powerful over the years. Meanwhile, Mack is still heavily limited by their LSM provider which keeps them from making their launches any stronger. I'm not expecting super forceful launches, but they should be fairly strong.

Yeah, let us soak in more of the sun that is of a coaster like what we are seeing being built.

*ahem* allow me, to make a joke.

View attachment 7211

Compared over Slinky, the amount of Launches are insane, and I am in LOVE with that. Especially if they forest up this coaster, it's going to make for the guests, something extremely unpredictable and highly enjoyable. I'm all in for it.
Haven’t rode Slinky yet but my sister tells me it’s fun. My Disney pass expired recently and I’m feeling like I’m good not going back to Orlando at all until next year when all the big stuff opens.

Intamin LSMs have gotten much more powerful over the years. Meanwhile, Mack is still heavily limited by their LSM provider which keeps them from making their launches any stronger. I'm not expecting super forceful launches, but they should be fairly strong.
I imagine that the speed of the launches will be comparable save for maybe the second one and definitely the final one. I think Slinky is really hampered by the 'pullback' launch. On paper it sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't really translate to the real world. At the same time, it'd be a 45 second coaster without the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.