Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Goosebumps 2

I enjoyed the first one but this one looks pretty bad. Had no idea none of the original stars were returning.

Black will still be voicing the doll, but yeah, not having a name-actor appear in live-action will probably hurt this.
His name is Slappy & he is a ventriloquist dummy, not a doll. There is a difference. Also, not having a big name actor is not going to hurt this. Those big name actors were nobody's until the right movie/tv show made them a big name. Let the newbie's have their moment.

Originally this movie was meant to be set at Horrorland. I believe Dylan Minette was busy filming "13 Reasons Why" Season 2, which is why he wasn't available. While this does look like a re-tread of the first movie, I'm not going to s**t on it like everyone else seems to be doing. I'm going to give it a chance with low expectations. It looks like it could be fun & I wouldn't mind a 3rd one so they can tap into Horrorland (maybe with BOTH casts???). Look at it this way- Goosebumps anthology- different group of kids each time in the same town. Also, think back to the magic mirror world Goosebumps book "Let's Get Invisible" (which would switch places with your reflection trapping you in the mirror world), maybe this group of kids is in an alternate reality which is why Stine's house looks like its a nod to Book #1 "Welcome to Dead House".

Was the first movie perfect? Hell no. But it was enjoyable, especially for someone who grew up reading the books & watching the series. I do feel like they made an error of wasting all the monsters being unleashed because only a small select few actually got legit screen time.

RL Stine has been revisiting the classic Goosebumps monsters with his recent new Goosebumps books (Horrorland series, Most Wanted series. & most recently Slappy's World).. There is even 2 triple arc Goosebumps comics out too. So the movies have A LOT of potential if the writer's knew how to properly tap the material.

anyway, here is the poster which mimics the first movie's poster (also I hate that marketing added the unnecessary "2" to the title)
OO06mDs.jpg

i really really hated the loud kid of the first movie so im really glad hes not coming back
this movie already looks better because of that

not having Jack Black is weird but they probably had a good reason, besides he might show up in a cameo, we dont know.

the movie will have Ken Jeong and Wendi McLendon-Covey, these two are always great in everything they do

not having Jack Black is weird but they probably had a good reason, besides he might show up in a cameo, we dont know.
Like with a few sequel situations, the movie had multiple scripts- some that included Jack Black, some that did not.

Also the title of this sequel ranged from: Goosebumps: Horrorland, Goosebumps: Slappy's Revenge, Goosebumps: Slappy Halloween and lastly "Goosebumps: Haunted Halloween"