Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

Will do, no plans down yet but will do HHN and maybe stay at aventura and portofino. Will do at least a 3 week trip tough and maybe take a tour down to Miami as Sam has never been. How long do you usually go for in Sept?
We can only do nine/ten calendar days now. The hospital Alene works for won't let their employees take 2 week vacations anymore. So we'll try to co ordinate with you outside of your cruise & Miami time.

I’m so bummed about the Phantom Manor closure!

Last month I finished reading Jason Surrell’s The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic, which really hyped up the originality of the Phantom Manor. Then, I found out I would be in Europe early September of 2018 for a wedding. Of course I became overly zealous about planning a trip to Euro Disneyland mostly for Phantom Manor, only to find out it will likely be closed.

Disneyland Paris seems to always have things in refurbishment so it's really hard to plan a trip there without at least one thing being down. My last visit had Space Mountain and the Nautilus both closed for refurb...and if I do in fact head there this summer, it'll be Phantom Manor that's closed during that time.

Disneyland used to be like this too but it seems they've calmed down a little bit on the refurbs (although if you were to visit right now, you're down Haunted, Splash, Dumbo, Screamin, Grizzly..)..

Disneyland Paris seems to always have things in refurbishment so it's really hard to plan a trip there without at least one thing being down. My last visit had Space Mountain and the Nautilus both closed for refurb...and if I do in fact head there this summer, it'll be Phantom Manor that's closed during that time.

Disneyland used to be like this too but it seems they've calmed down a little bit on the refurbs (although if you were to visit right now, you're down Haunted, Splash, Dumbo, Screamin, Grizzly..)..

This also happened to me during my first visit to Disneyland; my top two anticipated attractions to experience were down for refurb: Indiana Jones and Alice in Wonderland.

At least there’s a chance Phantom Manor could reopen in early September. I’m going to have a swing plan to hit Paris if it’s open. If not, I’ll visit another European city and visit Paris another time.

It's funny we were talking about refurbs earlier. I was gonna hop over to DLP while in Europe this summer but I see now that both Phantom AND Pirates are closed for refurb over the 4th of July holiday when I'm there. I would've been okay with one but not both. Dealbreaker.

It's funny we were talking about refurbs earlier. I was gonna hop over to DLP while in Europe this summer but I see now that both Phantom AND Pirates are closed for refurb over the 4th of July holiday when I'm there. I would've been okay with one but not both. Dealbreaker.
There's always something closed here. I'm currently at DLRP with my girlfriend(oops...I mean fiancée now..) and I knew Phantom Manor and Mad Tea Party would be closed, but RC racer and Space Mountain are also closed this week. Go figure.

There's always something closed here. I'm currently at DLRP with my girlfriend(oops...I mean fiancée now..) and I knew Phantom Manor and Mad Tea Party would be closed, but RC racer and Space Mountain are also closed this week. Go figure.

Ugh. That's rough. Space Mountain and the Nautilus were closed last time I was there. My friend text me "We'll go when everything is open." I just responded "lmaoooo.."

Sooo this move happened at Electroland.

I'm gonna say for now that the reasoning for this probably because the WDSP version and the DCA tower were exact clones. GotG: MB already had projection mapping done for use at DCA, the only projection mapping done for a "Tower of Terror" attraction is at DHS, but DHS' version is different in size than WDSP.

I wouldn't make too much of it yet.