Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mowgli (2018)

Mar 29, 2015
The first trailer for WB's Jungle Book film titled "Mowgli" has dropped.

For those who don't already know, the film is directed by (and also stars) Andy Serkis. The rest of the cast includes Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Naomie Harris, Matthew Rhys, Freida Pinto, and Rohan Chand.

It's definitely a pretty stacked cast list (much like the 2016 Jungle Book film). However, personally, I am very ''whelmed'' by this trailer. I'll definitely see it because I want to see what Serkis does with the material, but this trailer didn't excite me for it. Also, I really don't like the design of the animals...

Anyways! What do you guys and gals think?

Whoever greenlit this is an idiot.

I think it was greenlit before (April 2012) Disney's version actually, however, Disney took the lead and released their's first. With how well received it was by critics and audiences alike, I feel like it would have been better off for WB to just scrap this project altogether. But I guess too much money had gone into it at that point for them to do that.

Well... I definitely did not see that coming.

I understand why WB did it though. The chances of it performing well in theaters were not good. It was terrible timing on their part with Disney’s hugely successful version having just come out 2 years ago.

Netflix gets a (presumably) good movie finally. Only took them releasing hundreds this year for them to finally find one.