Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 294 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never said it was Oz. And it's more about everything else.

Hmmm, with the way you're reacting...what if Poison isn't what most people are assuming it is? What if it's something like Poltergeist? You did say they're doing some unexpected things with it, but the unexpected doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.

WB firing a shot over the bow of Universal. Love it. Competition is good. I see this leading to more investment and improvements at HHN.

This will definitely lead to a change in how I spend my money. If WB hits one out of the park then I will have to think about how and where I spend my $ in 2019.

WB firing a shot over the bow of Universal. Love it. Competition is good. I see this leading to more investment and improvements at HHN.

This will definitely lead to a change in how I spend my money. If WB hits one out of the park then I will have to think about how and where I spend my $ in 2019.
Whilst the line up does sound awesome, I’m reserving judgement. All depends on the execution. They are running the risk of over promising and under delivering. Plus if this becomes an annual thing could they top the current lineup year after year with new mazes?

In any case I hope the restriction on horror IPs will mean HHN will go back to its roots and do more original content. Have one or two big IPs to draw the GP in, and the rest original.

I seem to recall that we had this AP parking "rumor" pop up last year and the year before that as well. It could never work because IoA is still open not to mention all the clubs and restaurants in Citywalk that AP holders can go to. It would have to be something they put into the ticket in advance sort of like blackout days for the cheaper passes. They can't just spring a "no free parking during HHN days" onto the current AP holders without being getting really upset. If they really wanted to do it, they would have to add it to next year's tickets when they announce the new perks/blackout days for AP holders.

1) Universal can change the benifits of the pass at any time. That being said I don’t put any weight in some random person posting something on FB.

2) WB seems very interested in their own event and it sounds great. I’m going to be cautiously optimistic because designing and opening a house is only one small part of running an event. If they’re smart they’ll work with existing haunt companies on logistics.

Could they potentially start using a dynamic pricing for parking (apparently Seaworld is using this now)? Have parking more expensive on HHN for instance, and have AP holders pay a lower amount, rather being free? On HHN nights parking is free after 20h, correct? So maybe they want to encourage people to come later, have less of a crowd early on? In any case, parking prices are ridiculous as it is, but then, I take a city bus, so it is never anything I have to worry about.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
In case nobody watched the Midsummer panel, they basically shot down Get Out ever coming to the event for the same reason a lot of people on here said. It just doesn't work as a house. Amazing movie, but you can't turn a social commentary movie into a house.
Except Hollywood's doing The First Purge, which is more on the nose than Get Out...so there is some definite cognitive dissonance there.

In case nobody watched the Midsummer panel, they basically shot down Get Out ever coming to the event for the same reason a lot of people on here said. It just doesn't work as a house. Amazing movie, but you can't turn a social commentary movie into a house.
Honestly felt like that film had very little social commentary to say, except maybe that African-Americans are physically better at everything.

I don’t think it could ever fill a house, but that third act could easily be adapted to a HoB.