Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope it is like nintendo all over again. Leave Jurassic park as is and add "world" elements to the new park. I mean, in the jurassic park universe, there was two different parks. and if potter can be in two parks why cant dinos?

Wait, so now this might not be happening in the near term? I mean, I'm on the record as not being a fan of the rumored concept for JP, but a new attraction is better than no new attraction.

Just watch, Jurassic World is gonna pull a Mario and make its way over to the new park ;)

Please let me be right....
I would 100% be onboard with this if:

a) JPRA is severly renovated
b) TT area is repurposed in ANY way
c) (isn't necessary but it's one of those small changes which make a huge impact) remove all carni games (replace with something IF AND ONLY IF relevant). I'd seriously be good with a pathway of overgrown (insert @Teebin inspired genus of) plants.

My guess is the project is still on and happening now, just the M&G move is pushed back.

Everyone likes to laugh at the funny business Disney plays with its fiscal year spending... But this is the first "slow" year UO is having recently. I'm sure that's not unrelated.

Would it be possible if the Project got a reverse DC in that, things are going to go down sooner than later?

Not likely. Especially since major work won't happen here until Potter Coaster is nearly done or open.

Everyone likes to laugh at the funny business Disney plays with its fiscal year spending... But this is the first "slow" year UO is having recently. I'm sure that's not unrelated.

Not likely. Especially since major work won't happen here until Potter Coaster is nearly done or open.
Yes, may well be related. No big splash E ticket attraction since Kong may have quieted the interest waters. If F&F would have been a better stronger attraction we might not be having this conversation.....I recall looking at Hollywood Universal attendance in the 80's and 90's. There was almost always a big spike in attendance when they brought in a 'good' new E ticket attraction. But flat or down attendance when there wasn't one.... Interest in VB helped keep the attendance up last year.....Potter should cure this lull though. It's been 4 years, 5 next year, since Diagon. Time creeps up. Universal needs to stay aggressive with their new attractions to keep their momentum building. They can't take time off building good attractions waiting for the new park to open.

If the island receives the JW upgrade... they need to tweak some things that annoy me:
-Fix the Hogwarts/Arch issue. I don't wanna see the arch from WWoHP and I don't wanna see the castle behind the arch. Add more foliage or push back the arch.
-Define the border between Skull Island and JP. It makes it seem that they are the same land, but they are not. I'm not just talking about adding the arch back, but actually block out with rockwork or foliage each land from each other.
-Keep JPRA similar but with the JW aesthetics and add more effects. It already is my 2nd fav water ride (behind SM), no need to change the actual ride system or do something bold.
-Make the Discovery Center useful
-Remove the games (if they do not want to remove them, move it inside the DC)
-Add a nicer looking Raptor Encounter with better queue/storytelling. (and maybe more capacity, more than one dino photo spot?)

This could always just be an expansion of Jurassic Park, and not Jurassic World. We don’t know for sure just yet.

JW would easily fit in the fourth gate, IMO. Plus, it would mean that we get the gyrosphere dark-ride.

I think this, and Simpsons, are the perfect themed area's for these games.
Sure I have no idea why anyone would want to pay money and play them but I think they are a great fit and I guess they rake in a ton of money.
I like them in the Simpsons, but there were never any carni games in Jurassic Park movies. Yes, it's supposed to be a theme park, but I'd rather have a maze of "overgrown" pathways to explore with hidden easter eggs along the way. Imagine if knockturn alley and sting alley had a baby, then camp jurassic and animal kingdom had a baby, and somehow those two babies met and fuc.. well, you get the point.

I like the Jurassic Games. I find them to be well themed to the area and fun for a JP fan like myself. I actually like the picking an egg and scanning it to see what prize you get. Very clever way to theme a rubber ducky game. Plus, you win every time, which is a must for me when paying money to play.

Kids love that game especially, and they're always happy when I walk by. I see nothing wrong with them. The ones in Toon Lagoon on the other hand... I'm not a fan of the microphone barkers trying to drum up business over there. Same thing at DinoRama in DAK. They just seem more respectful of the area in JP. My thoughts anyway.

I like them in the Simpsons, but there were never any carni games in Jurassic Park movies. Yes, it's supposed to be a theme park, but I'd rather have a maze of "overgrown" pathways to explore with hidden easter eggs along the way. Imagine if knockturn alley and sting alley had a baby, then camp jurassic and animal kingdom had a baby, and somehow those two babies met and fuc.. well, you get the point.
The land takes a lot of it's cues from the book not the movie. In the book, there were carni games and the main attraction was a boat ride. Also the John Hammond in the book was a lot more cynical and a lot less "nice grandpa".

How I would deal with Kong is put up a JP Arch across from the Toon Lagoon sign and put a park map/you are here directory showing "Jurassic Park" that shows all the attractions, restaurants, restrooms, etc. and have Skull Island Reign of Kong as an attraction in the park. There is an homage to Kong and he is mentioned by name in Jurassic Park. Spielberg has said that the giant wall/gate that inspired Malcolm to say "Geez! What do you have in there? King Kong?" was an homage to the giant wall in King Kong.

And thus Jurassic Park Isla Aventura becomes one of the best theme parks in the country with Jurassic Park River Adventure, Raptor Rail, Skull Island: Reign of Kong, Pteradon Flyers, Camp Jurassic, Raptor Encounter, Upgraded interactive Discovery Center, Winston's Chop House (formerly Thunder Falls), Hammond's Verandah (Lounge on the covered patio area of Thunder Falls overlooking JPRA) , Burger Digs, Carnivores and Herbivores (Formerly Pizza Pretoria; Pork Shanks, Ribs, Kababs, Hummus, Veggie Wraps, Salads), Pandora (formerly the amber shop) and Margaritaville Outpost (formerly The Watering Hole).

The land takes a lot of it's cues from the book not the movie. In the book, there were carni games and the main attraction was a boat ride. Also the John Hammond in the book was a lot more cynical and a lot less "nice grandpa".

How I would deal with Kong is put up a JP Arch across from the Toon Lagoon sign and put a park map/you are here directory showing "Jurassic Park" that shows all the attractions, restaurants, restrooms, etc. and have Skull Island Reign of Kong as an attraction in the park. There is an homage to Kong and he is mentioned by name in Jurassic Park. Spielberg has said that the giant wall/gate that inspired Malcolm to say "Geez! What do you have in there? King Kong?" was an homage to the giant wall in King Kong.

And thus Jurassic Park Isla Aventura becomes one of the best theme parks in the country with Jurassic Park River Adventure, Raptor Rail, Skull Island: Reign of Kong, Pteradon Flyers, Camp Jurassic, Raptor Encounter, Upgraded interactive Discovery Center, Winston's Chop House (formerly Thunder Falls), Hammond's Verandah (Lounge on the covered patio area of Thunder Falls overlooking JPRA) , Burger Digs, Carnivores and Herbivores (Formerly Pizza Pretoria; Pork Shanks, Ribs, Kababs, Hummus, Veggie Wraps, Salads), Pandora (formerly the amber shop) and Margaritaville Outpost (formerly The Watering Hole).
:thumbsup:...there you go......new career at UC

Status
Not open for further replies.