Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Not sure if this counts as a refurb but part of Rock it pull chain snapped and hit a guest. So it’s going to be down for a couple of days.

Hypothetically, if this did happen, it's pretty surprising it never hit the news.

But if it did happen, it would be open again because it's not a design issue. That type of failure is indicative of a problem with the chain itself. Not the ride. With that replaced, the ride can open.

After my very brief visit this weekend, I have to say the parks are looking really, really great right now. Outside of the Mummy treasure room fire effect, which they are clearly doing something major to, the rides I went on looked great from top to bottom. There was fresh paint throughout the lands, and everything was looking really, really good. The maintenance team is clearly on top of things right now.

After my very brief visit this weekend, I have to say the parks are looking really, really great right now. Outside of the Mummy treasure room fire effect, which they are clearly doing something major to, the rides I went on looked great from top to bottom. There was fresh paint throughout the lands, and everything was looking really, really good. The maintenance team is clearly on top of things right now.
I can tell you didn't go in KidZone.

I went as far as ET, but that's about all I ever go into with KidZone unless I'm in a HHN queue.:lol:
I mean, it's understandable that they would pull back a bit on maintanance as it be seen as a waste of money if things are just going to be bulldozed, but there is some seriously janky looking stuff back there. The ceiling inside the Barny gift shop is falling apart and electrical is visible. Faded paint galore, etc. Out of pure interest I would be fascinated to find out when when the Barney statue last received a paint job. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been 10 or more years.

I mean, it's understandable that they would pull back a bit on maintanance as it be seen as a waste of money if things are just going to be bulldozed, but there is some seriously janky looking stuff back there. The ceiling inside the Barny gift shop is falling apart and electrical is visible. Faded paint galore, etc. Out of pure interest I would be fascinated to find out when when the Barney statue last received a paint job. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been 10 or more years.

That's a shame. Hopefully it really DOES get bulldozed soon, because if not that is inexcusible

Lots of stuff in KidZone got new coats of paint this year. Curious George, (some of) Fievel, and Animal Actors looks really really good right now. Barney is definitely in the worst shape. Looks like he mighta been skipped for maintenance budgets this time 'round.