Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Island General Discussion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

I think what they’re teasing is something going into SoB’s old station. Seriously doubt it will be an RMC for reasons Joe mentioned. I think a Giga would be far more likely.

Some of the other teasers make no sense when it comes to a giga.

Also, no way that CF stops working with RMC hybrids. I don't get that argument. Steel Vengance is thought to be one of the best coasters to come out in a decade, and got a ton of media publicity. Twisted Timbers is loved by Kings Dominion guests. A couple of issues aren't going to stop the partnership.

Also, no way that CF stops working with RMC hybrids. I don't get that argument. Steel Vengance is thought to be one of the best coasters to come out in a decade, and got a ton of media publicity. Twisted Timbers is loved by Kings Dominion guests. A couple of issues aren't going to stop the partnership.
But CP had lower attendance number s than last year. That’s big issue. I think SV’s issues had something to do with that.

Steel Vengeance's late opening definitely hurt CP's numbers. And the issues didn't help. Steal Vengeance is also shooting to the top of the Greatest Coaster ever made lists. Yes, RMC had some issues this year. They took on too many projects for one year and they almost pulled it off. But I bet they learned something in the process. All major high tech coasters have issues right out of the gate. I doubt CF stops working with them because of the issues this year.

Now, the local news is running with "5 Is Alive". It could be for a giga but it could be nothing. At the SoB memorial by Banshee, there is a small stack of lumber. Personally, Cedar Fair cracks me up because they play mind games with the coaster fanatics. I could see them (and I think that they have done so) putting flags around areas just to cause coaster people to freak out that flags are marking out an area. Or paint "x" on certain trees (watercolor only).

Couple? SV is still not operating three trains. TT has a basic design flaw with the break run. The rides have been having massive issues with reliability.

I love both of those rides, they’re also a pain in the ass and not cheap. CP has put in a lot of additional time and money into those rides, which is why I’m more pessimistic they’ll add more.

Also, Giga is a very reliable rumor I’ve heard for a while now. So take that for what it’s worth.

Steel Vengeance's late opening definitely hurt CP's numbers. And the issues didn't help. Steal Vengeance is also shooting to the top of the Greatest Coaster ever made lists. Yes, RMC had some issues this year. They took on too many projects for one year and they almost pulled it off. But I bet they learned something in the process. All major high tech coasters have issues right out of the gate. I doubt CF stops working with them because of the issues this year.

Wait what? I was there and Steel Vengeance opened with the park.

Couple? SV is still not operating three trains. TT has a basic design flaw with the break run. The rides have been having massive issues with reliability.

I love both of those rides, they’re also a pain in the ass and not cheap. CP has put in a lot of additional time and money into those rides, which is why I’m more pessimistic they’ll add more.

Also, Giga is a very reliable rumor I’ve heard for a while now. So take that for what it’s worth.

Wait what? I was there and Steel Vengeance opened with the park.
Sorry, my bad. I got RMCs projects confused. It was Wonder Woman that opened late.

I'm a bit out of the loop; what's the issue with TT's break run?

TT was the one with the flying cell phone this summer, right?

Oh come on dude. The park needs something like a Giga, and a good one not I305. :lol:

I’ve heard I305 is great :lol: and the park doesn’t need a giga, imo. A wing coaster, a dive coaster, an RMC, or a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster would be better than a giga in KI. Don’t get me wrong, giga’s are great, but KI doesn’t need one.

I mean, Intimidator and Fury 325....

Leviathan/Behemoth at CW, too.

My thoughts are that Kings Island will probably construct the world's longest giga coaster as a tribute to Son of Beast, with the station being in the same place. If they're truly ambitious, it could interact with The Beast, I mean if we're talking 8K+ feet, might as well?

I would honestly not call a Giga an "Upgraded Version" of DiamondBack.

And to be honest, an Infinity Coaster like the one at Knotts (or a Single Rail RMC like RailBlazer at CGA), wouldn't hold a candle to the power of seeing a huge coaster like a Giga (like Fury, Levi, or if you look at PortAdventura; Shambhala).