Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XONE)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Rockstar Games, the creator of Grand Theft Auto V and the original Red Dead Redemption title, has released a brand new trailer of the sequel to the hit western title, titled "Red Dead Redemption 2".

Releasing in Spring 2018, the new game will include a vast world; and from what it seems, Multiplayer will have a large presence in the game. As for the Single-Player; the game will be a prequel, set before the events of the original Red Dead Redemption as you take on the new protagonist of Arthur Morgan.

What do you think? Are you excited to step back into that western world, or could you care less of it? Comment below!

And to think that this is just one part, of a larger series of videos.

And that, we still haven't seen how open-ended the multiplayer will be..especially considering that video alone.

Do they actually make controllers where you can feel the recoil of a gun being shot?

You mean having the controllers vibrate to certain things that the player does?

I’ve never played RDR 1, but this is certainly a must-get this holiday. This looks stunning.

As someone who loved RDR, and could not get enough of the Multiplayer; I am floored by the amount that this game already offers, and that it's not revealing anything.

Happy RDR2 day, Y'all!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
So far the game is fine. Antiquated/frustrating controls and the game constantly getting in the way of just having fun are holding back what seems to be a great story.

So far the game is fine. Antiquated/frustrating controls and the game constantly getting in the way of just having fun are holding back what seems to be a great story.

I don't know if the sluggish controls is a part of your frustration. It was for me.

Anyway I found that you can fix that issue by the following:

Look Sensitivity - Max
Aim Sensitivity - Max
Aim/Look Acceleration - Max
Aim/Look Dead Zone - 0 setting (all the way to the left)

This may help some that feel its sluggish. It makes my experience more enjoyable.

About 60% through the story mode..some thoughts:

• The Game, with one moment (that I won't spoil, but it's worth going in blind for), made the game become a game of the year. Once it happens, it makes you stop what you do, and embrace what comes to form.
  • The Cinematography with the Cinematic Camera, is amazing; and gives a heightened sense of immersion
  • Controls are better for me now, as I've letted the game go slow for me.
  • Saint Dennis (no spoilers) when I first visited, kept me uneasy.. And keep in mind, I was just shooting the breeze, and decided to just roam with my first horse, Epsil
  • The narrative direction and voice acting places this game above many others. Definitely the best story that Rockstar has created.

Red Dead Online Beta will release in Staggered bases.
  • Ultimate Edition: Tomorrow, Tuesday Nov. 27th
  • Those who played in the first three day's: Thursday Nov. 29th
  • Everyone: Friday Nov. 30th

More details from Rockstar themselves..
  • 7 Player Posses
  • Hunting & Fishing
  • Missions with characters from Story Mode
And another date: November 28th for those who played on the first day of Red Dead Redemption 2.