Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Universal is just trolling the forums. Lol. That's what you get for complaining about seeing show equipment. Lol. Obviously this is not the end product.

Reactions: Joel
View attachment 7500 It’s a bit better now.

I also noticed something interesting. UOR’s lights can’t dim apparently, so instead of dimming the lights for the show. They shut off all of the normal lights and turn on soft white show lights in New York to keep it dimly lit during the show.

Much, much better.

I wonder if they are working to program the lights to dim or not.

Much, much better.

I wonder if they are working to program the lights to dim or not.
If it happens, it won’t be until after HHN. They replace all the bulbs with colored bulbs for that, it would require installing a ballast and bulbs that support dimming. Then installing dimmer controls to the various control boxes around the park (then running DMX). It’s actually not extremely difficult, but the park isn’t designed to support it; from my understanding the lights aren’t centrally controlled.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If it happens, it won’t be until after HHN. They replace all the bulbs with colored bulbs for that, it would require installing a ballast and bulbs that support dimming. Then installing dimmer controls to the various control boxes around the park (then running DMX). It’s actually not extremely difficult, but the park isn’t designed to support it; from my understanding the lights aren’t centrally controlled.
I don’t believe they are centrally controlled. It’s the reason why they can’t all shutoff at once like at Disney.

I believe all shows have a show director, right?
The Show Director leads the creation of the show. They’ll stop being hands on once the show is “complete.” An AD will oversee the show from there to ensure it remains “complete.”

The show manager for the evening is the one who says “We’re ready to go.” The lead tech for the evening pushes the button.

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
Will I get to see this on my upcoming trip?

I will be at Universal 22 through 28 Sept (leaving early afternoon 28)

22 = HHN
23 = HHN
24 = 7PM close no HHN
25 = 6PM close no HHN
26 = 7PM close no HHN
27 = 5PM close no HHN
28 = HHN but gone home :'(

Looking at this Im not sure Ill get to see the show. I am also really annoyed that I booked a 6 night stay during HHN yet only get two nights I can actually attend HHN. Any other week and I could have done 4 :rant:.

Reactions: Hockeyman55
Will I get to see this on my upcoming trip?

I will be at Universal 22 through 28 Sept (leaving early afternoon 28)

22 = HHN
23 = HHN
24 = 7PM close no HHN
25 = 6PM close no HHN
26 = 7PM close no HHN
27 = 5PM close no HHN
28 = HHN but gone home :'(

Looking at this Im not sure Ill get to see the show. I am also really annoyed that I booked a 6 night stay during HHN yet only get two nights I can actually attend HHN. Any other week and I could have done 4 :rant:.
A nefarious Disney plot, no doubt.

View attachment 7500 It’s a bit better now.

I also noticed something interesting. UOR’s lights can’t dim apparently, so instead of dimming the lights for the show they shut off all of the normal lights and turn on soft white show lights in New York to keep it dimly lit during the show.

So what is it supposed to be? Is this based off something that actually exists, or just a made up bit of theming? Someone help me understand the industrial world.

Reactions: universal_fanatic