Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

:wave:

In all seriousness..what a turn of events.

It's strange to see them not going the "Teaser Maze" motif with Halloween, which makes me wonder a lot about Halloween 2018's future at the event. It'll probably happen sooner than later, but man is this somewhat confusing.

If they were to go and do one of the older films, I wouldn't of picked this. Either way..interested, to see what happens with this.

john said he didn't do the 2018 one due to spoilers. but in 2011 he did the thing maze as a "teaser" maze and that Spoilered the whole entire creatures used in the film.

john said he didn't do the 2018 one due to spoilers. but in 2011 he did the thing maze as a "teaser" maze and that Spoilered the whole entire creatures used in the film.

That..then confirms a theory of mine, that the Blum-Halloween film will comprise more of story alongside the scare.

If that's the case, I understand where Murdy is coming from when it comes to that; actually.

That said..do Season of The Witch, cowards. ;)

Hold up... yea no.. I don't buy into the whole "spoiler" thing.

The THING, Dracula Untold, Insidious: The Last Key, Happy Death Day, JIGSAW, etc

Oh no, don't want to spoil Halloween... can't have people knowing that Michael Myers comes back 40 years later & goes on a killing spree :rolleyes: It'd be one thing if Jamie Lee Curtis is killed off (again) & they wanted to show off that death, then yea- SPOILER ALERT. But since Michael kills off a bunch of random Haddonfield neighbors, not sure why they can't do that & leave out any "Strode family deaths" if they do exist.

The THING, Dracula Untold, Insidious: The Last Key, Happy Death Day, JIGSAW, etc

Those aren’t as big of a big ticket IP for this year as H2018 is for Blumhouse. Plus the Insidious: The Last Key maze was heavily based on cut scenes from the movie, HDD featured scenes from the trailer, and JIGSAW featured one trap that was in the trailer. Thing & Dracula spoiled a lot though.

That said I love they’re doing this since H4 isn’t as bad as something like H6 but why couldn’t they do a maze that’s half OG Halloween & half H2018 but with scenes from the trailer? We already know the mannequin gun park in Laurie’s backyard, the Trick r Treat scene with Season of the Witch masks, the kids bedroom with the ghost sheet body, the bathroom, and the gas station. Could’ve easily filled up a maze in WW

Oh no, don't want to spoil Halloween... can't have people knowing that Michael Myers comes back 40 years later & goes on a killing spree :rolleyes: It'd be one thing if Jamie Lee Curtis is killed off (again) & they wanted to show off that death, then yea- SPOILER ALERT. But since Michael kills off a bunch of random Haddonfield neighbors, not sure why they can't do that & leave out any "Strode family deaths" if they do exist.
I don’t think it was in John’s control about the spoilers. I imagine he wanted to do a preview maze for Halloween 2018 but was told no by the production to avoid spoilers seeing as the movie itself has been shrouded in secrecy.
John showed interest in doing it, as did Jason. In an interview from last year’s opening night John talked about wanting to do it and Someone related that to Jason later and he said he’d get John a script.
Just my two cents. Not everything that goes wrong with this event is John’s fault.

Plus the Insidious: The Last Key maze was heavily based on cut scenes from the movie, HDD featured scenes from the trailer, and JIGSAW featured one trap that was in the trailer..
What was that? I couldn't hear you over all the lame excuses you were trying to make for them doing Halloween 4 instead of the new movie. If there was an actual reason, like a legit one because "spoilers" is not a good enough reason.

They should've just done one of the other two ORIGINAL mazes they allegedly worked on/scrapped.

What was that? I couldn't hear you over all the lame excuses you were trying to make for them doing Halloween 4 instead of the new movie. If there was an actual reason, like a legit one because "spoilers" is not a good enough reason.

They should've just done one of the other two ORIGINAL mazes they allegedly worked on/scrapped.
you don't have to be rude about it to him.

Miramax owns a cut of the rights too, my guess is Uni & Blumhouse were on board but Miramax didn’t want to spoil it

I think they were told no Halloween 2018 but still wanted to use Michael to market the event. The GP love Michael, and I don’t think they care whether the advertisement says Halloween 4 or Halloween (2018), as long as it says Michael they’re happy.
I feel like they did want to do the original mazes, maybe not instead of Halloween (I think one would possibly be instead of HOB 2) but they’re not nearly as marketable to the Hollywood crowd as IPs are. I would’ve liked them to do their original mazes, don’t get me wrong, and I’m sure John and Chris wanted to see them done too, but maybe the scrapping of them in favor of IPs wasn’t in their control. Like I said in my first post to you, not everything that goes wrong with this event is John’s fault. One person can only control so much.

The trailer shows no kills, just setup. If Blumhouse didn't want there to be spoilers, that was Blumhouse's call, not Murdy. It's still a Blumhouse IP...I don't get why you're playing mental gymnastics with this.

It's a cool Promo Video but the Movie is complete trash.

I'm glad that they are using the mask from Halloween the last 2 years instead of 4. I am very interested and excited for this maze despite the movie being really bad.

I do also hope that this maze follows the trend of the last 2 mazes. Halloween 3 Kids Scare Actors and a Original Ending. So I'm excited for this.

Last edited:
Oof, so if it was Miramax I guess that kills hope for Scream & Hellraiser for HHN ‘19

And I want to clarify, I'm not implying Murdy is "lying" or acting in bad faith or whatever. This is way beyond anyone on the Horror Nights team's control, and there's no good way for them to explain why this isn't coming this year. I just don't want people to get disappointed when it doesn't happen next year.