Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

Still prefer any of them over this.

You honestly think this is better?
All-Star-Music-Room-001.jpg

Isn't the answer right there in your post? They update it?

Even themed hotels need to be updated. Disney is doing a large round of that with CBR, Coronado, Yacht Club, etc. All of them are getting "modern" designs with small theme elements. The "in your face" themed hotels of the 90's are gone. Even the rooms at Pop Century have been modernized and stripped of theme mostly.
I suppose you are right...This seems like it will age quicker than, say, Cabanna Bay..It will be interesting to see how long it lasts before the rooms and carpet are updated

So has anyone who visited really been impressed with the hotel? Looks like everyone seems to think it's serviceable at best.

I'm booked here next month for HHN but judging by what I see.. it might be a one-and-done for me and then back to Bae. :lol:

Yeeeesh!

After seeing what the hotel and rooms look like, I am very glad I cancelled my reservation for next month. I understand what they were going for, but what were they thinking? Worst looking hotel at either WDW or UO.

This is a little hyperbolic. Just a little.

You honestly think this is better?
All-Star-Music-Room-001.jpg

I didn't believe this but this is what the current All Stars look like, but it is. The curtain is for light while getting ready, the tub/toilet has a door. In fairness most of the values are getting upgrades and this is the new, better room design.

pop-century-06t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't believe this but this is what the current All Stars look like, but it is. The curtain is for light while getting ready, the tub/toilet has a door. In fairness most of the moderates are getting upgrades and this is the new, better room design.

pop-century-06t.jpg
I stayed in All-Star Music around 2 weeks ago and the room looked like what @Scott W. posted but in an even worst condition.

I didn't believe this but this is what the current All Stars look like, but it is. The curtain is for light while getting ready, the tub/toilet has a door. In fairness most of the values are getting upgrades and this is the new, better room design.

pop-century-06t.jpg

I'm staying at Pop Century for a week in September. It's costing about a $130 a night but since I'm from the UK, I still get free parking which I see as a saving of $22 a day. The rooms look nice and clean although the rest of the hotel is still as tacky as ever.

I'm half tempted to send Tim Tracker a message in case he wants to make a video about the renovated rooms but I don't want to come across as a creepy fan.

On site food is cheap, it's close to the I4 and the advanced FP and dining reservations is becoming a must for visiting WDW. One of my wife's work colleagues is going a few days after us and they're struggling to get a FP for anything they want.

Cost wise, it's worked out slightly cheaper than Aventura and CBBR. Disney has better amenities I think but Universal is hands down, superior hotels. The huge upside is that the money I saved, I managed to save enough to justify a stay at Hard Rock for the rest of my trip.

CBBR will probably never looked dated as it's a period hotel. When it gets renovated, it will be to freshen the place up. When Aventura gets renovated, it will be to update everything.

One of the things people dont know is the room size is sooo small at Disney's value resorts (280 sq ft) the beds are slightly less long than normal beds to make the room look bigger