Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

It’s just dawned on me that this is the only hotel on site that doesn’t have resort in it’s name which probably explains a bit.

(I know that Hard Rock is missing the resort name but it’s a brand)

Haven't posted in a while but I am going to be staying here for 4 nights in five weeks. It looks good from everything I've seen. Basically a standard hotel that is located on site. It's a great location if you are going to go to Volcano Bay. If you don't like the pool at Aventura there is a very nice one next door at Sapphire that you can walk to easily. You can walk, boat, or bus to the parks and right across the street is Cabana Bay. It's not themed but has amazing views. Obviously out of all the Resorts at Universal it would rank lowest but that's not saying it's not good. When you start to compare it to resorts down the road it's not fair to go head to head with any of their value or moderate's. It's a hotel and those are all motels at ridiculous prices. I'm sorry but entering a room from outside with an air handler below the window is not comparable to a room accessed by an air conditioned hallway connected to the lobby by elevators. It's a cleaner more secure stay and that makes a huge difference in the experience. The only comparison would be their deluxe resorts but that's not fair either since the cost is about 3-4 times as much, and you can't even select your bed type. Not saying that their deluxe resorts are bad but if I'm shelling out around $400-$500 a night I better be able to pick if I get two queens in the room or a king. I hate just hoping I get the room I want when I stay onsite at Disney.

Haven't posted in a while but I am going to be staying here for 4 nights in five weeks. It looks good from everything I've seen. Basically a standard hotel that is located on site. It's a great location if you are going to go to Volcano Bay. If you don't like the pool at Aventura there is a very nice one next door at Sapphire that you can walk to easily. You can walk, boat, or bus to the parks and right across the street is Cabana Bay. It's not themed but has amazing views. Obviously out of all the Resorts at Universal it would rank lowest but that's not saying it's not good. When you start to compare it to resorts down the road it's not fair to go head to head with any of their value or moderate's. It's a hotel and those are all motels at ridiculous prices. I'm sorry but entering a room from outside with an air handler below the window is not comparable to a room accessed by an air conditioned hallway connected to the lobby by elevators. It's a cleaner more secure stay and that makes a huge difference in the experience. The only comparison would be their deluxe resorts but that's not fair either since the cost is about 3-4 times as much, and you can't even select your bed type. Not saying that their deluxe resorts are bad but if I'm shelling out around $400-$500 a night I better be able to pick if I get two queens in the room or a king. I hate just hoping I get the room I want when I stay onsite at Disney.
Good to see you posting again. Well thought out comments. I would tend to mostly agree with your assessment.

I always get the bed type I choose at the time of reservation?

I've seen the Aventura Freestyle cups on various blogs, but not seen mention if these operate exactly like the CBBR one's (one day, length of stay etc). Anyone able to confirm?

Also, whilst I admit that I've not stayed at Aventura yet, folks comparing this to All Stars (which I have stayed at for 9 nights) are plain cuckoo. Typical overreaction theater.

I always get the bed type I choose at the time of reservation?
At Disney you can’t select your bed type if you want a king bed. You have to put in a request that is not a guarantee. The only way to guarantee you get a king bed at a Disney resort is if you stay in a one or two bedroom DVC or Grand Floridian concierge king. The last three times I’ve requested a king bed I haven’t gotten it.

At Disney you can’t select your bed type if you want a king bed. You have to put in a request that is not a guarantee. The only way to guarantee you get a king bed at a Disney resort is if you stay in a one or two bedroom DVC or Grand Floridian concierge king. The last three times I’ve requested a king bed I haven’t gotten it.

You sure about that?

2po5gr6.jpg

You sure about that?

2po5gr6.jpg
At the deluxe resorts, yes I’m sure. They don’t give you a king option it’s just luck of the draw. That’s Coronado Springs and you can get it there but that’s a moderate. I have a personal letter from Disney from the last time I stayed at Beach Club on an anniversary trip and didn’t get a king room.

I've seen the Aventura Freestyle cups on various blogs, but not seen mention if these operate exactly like the CBBR one's (one day, length of stay etc). Anyone able to confirm?

Also, whilst I admit that I've not stayed at Aventura yet, folks comparing this to All Stars (which I have stayed at for 9 nights) are plain cuckoo. Typical overreaction theater.

thats too bad, was holding out hope for somthing like they have at Disney. Heard its impressive.

Honestly, I think if they were to do something like how TheVOID greatly did; it wouldn't be at a hotel.

The VRcade seems like a great concept on paper. But the roster that's there right now, doesn't work. Maybe sometime in the future, but I'd argue it wouldn't be worth it compared to what's down south of Universal.