Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

It will be packed. Opening weekend has become one of the worst times to go. This is because maze lines will need to constantly be stopped for media teams and celebrities to travel (slowly) through the maze, often requiring the maze to be entirely cleared ahead of them before they begin.

If you don't have a Frequent Fear Pass, wait for the second weekend. You'll be glad you did.

Great, thanks for the advice!

It will be packed. Opening weekend has become one of the worst times to go. This is because maze lines will need to constantly be stopped for media teams and celebrities to travel (slowly) through the maze, often requiring the maze to be entirely cleared ahead of them before they begin.

If you don't have a Frequent Fear Pass, wait for the second weekend. You'll be glad you did.

I had always noticed that ONLY about the FIRST night, to the point I now have made it tradition to go the SECOND night instead, which is less crowded and way more smooth of an experience. I remember the first time I went opening night, I think it was 2011, and lines posted as 30 minutes were actually 80-90 minutes. Got to the front and realized it was because of, like you said, media and celebs. I also noticed a lot of the scareactors haven't found their groove QUITE YET, which is why I think there should be TWO dress rehearsals instead of one employee night. I always felt like the timing was a second off and the mazes were much better timed when I'd go again later in the run. I started going second night, I think in 2014, and have not regretted it one bit. The hype is still there and the scareactors are still fresh, but have now found their groove and scare tactics that work, plus the lines are shorter. This year, they also have the opening Sunday open, and I'm sure it'll be pretty empty. Although if I waited that long, a lot of the hype will have fizzled for me, and part of the fun for me is getting in that hype. I'm the type of person who won't see a movie anymore if it's been out for a week. I only go Thurs-Sat; Sun if it's a movie I care less about. Once it hits Monday, I have no desire to see it anymore. I also like to be one of the first to review and I have no restraint and will read the reviews if I wait too long. Saturday, I'll be busy the whole day and won't have time to see the reviews, so it'll still feel like I'm one of the first, other than EP night.

Question - does anyone know if the USH AP discount tickets for HHN are valid for early entry this year?
Message the Facebook account, they usually respond within a day. I THINK AP should work. It should say directly on there if Early Entry is available, because when going elsewhere for tix, it specifically said Early Entry wasn't available (I'm still wondering how they'll manage that).

Worth noting that those added dates - the Sunday and Wednesday - were not included when scare actors signed on. It's possible there will be a LOT of holes on those days.

Any chance we could see Suspiria next year? Or would that + KKFOS be hell for marketing
i don't think so for surpisa, i think kkfos and maybe, and this is a maybe, but a zombieland house. i mean there's a sequel coming out in October 2019, could easily put it into a soundstage or metro tent.

If we ever saw Suspiria, I would hope it was based on Dario Argento's original film.. I'd much take those bright, neon, candy giallo colors over the dark, dull visuals of the remake..

Yeah, Suspiria would honestly be perfect for a 3D maze. Let it go in the metro sets, have it be an extra for whatever big property they're putting back there.

In terms of what else they could put there, there's always the Grudge remake, video games like Last of Us or Until Dawn or RE7 (or Bloodborne, if they have that kind of budget), Stranger Things 2, the rest of Netflix's catalog, CHANNEL ZERO, and The Thing. Plus Urban Legend mazes, like the ciguapa or chupacabra, or maybe other cultures like the Wild Hunt in Germany or Baba Yaga and company in Russia. There are ways they can fill out the park.

I've been going opening night only since 2007. In my two experiences, 2013 and 2014, during VIP, they took Black Sabbath two groups behind our group, and in 2014 my group didn't realize Murdy and Greg Nicotero were behind us in the The Walking Dead maze. Other than that, it varies throughout the night with other groups.

I've been going opening night only since 2007. In my two experiences, 2013 and 2014, during VIP, they took Black Sabbath two groups behind our group, and in 2014 my group didn't realize Murdy and Greg Nicotero were behind us in the The Walking Dead maze. Other than that, it varies throughout the night with other groups.

Behind-the-camera celebrities (i.e. Greg) won't stop the line - there isn't generally a security concern, and they don't care enough to request it. It's the actors, athletes, and "influencer" personalities with enough pull that grind the entire maze to a halt so they can experience the maze without a single person in it (and then they have to clear the maze before anyone can come in after them).

Your luck may vary. There will be absolutely fewer interruptions on Saturday, but a bunch of people do show up.

i don't think so for surpisa, i think kkfos and maybe, and this is a maybe, but a zombieland house. i mean there's a sequel coming out in October 2019, could easily put it into a soundstage or metro tent.
If there was a zombieland house, I'm pretty sure they'd probably put it at TWDA. Kinda like House Of Horrors, where any character that was from HOH had a maze there like Chucky and The Wolfman.

If there was a zombieland house, I'm pretty sure they'd probably put it at TWDA. Kinda like House Of Horrors, where any character that was from HOH had a maze there like Chucky and The Wolfman.

I would imagine that AMC would not let that happen, at all; considering how TWD is not an Universal property.

It'd be like having Jabbawockeez at Potter.

Usually the day of, within hours of it. Tomorrow at the latest. Search Youtube and filter it.

Watched Truth or Dare(Unrated Director’s Cut) and Poltergeist last night for HHN homework. Poltergeist was a lot creepier than I remembered it to be so that maze shot up to my #2 most anticipated, and the unrated version of ToD wasn’t too bad. It had a lot of stuff that’ll translate and I’m excited to see the church, Blumhouse isn’t my least anticipated anymore:grin:(Purge is)