HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sure! Here he is last year, left side of the display:

6795-03e3ddbb058b660030f6645dcdcd7951.jpg

He also shows up at around 6:13 of this video, in the old House of Horrors maze.

Still holding his dead friend, Wolfy will never let go....

Still holding his dead friend, Wolfy will never let go....

He's a trooper, alright. Murdy brought him in when he designed the HoH all the way back when.

I'm sure Wolfy will keep showing up in the event long after Murdy retires. Sticking around when he leaves, just one more little chunk of legacy lodged in the event.

Darn, I'm making myself sad.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I absolutely HATE the black box of doom that is part of Universal Monsters facade... Wish there was more castle structure ruins to make it look less... awkward.

Trick R Treat.... the jack-0-lanterns look great (NEEDZ MOAR!!).. the framed dioramas however, blah.. Thought it was lazy & "meh" when they did it for The Purge in 2016 and still think its lazy now. We know they can do more, we've seen them do more. *SIGH* ...at least we have the school bus.
3rC33Ow.jpg

^Look at the effort made in 2006 for the zombie scarezone. Would love to see the dead vines & boarded up windows again. It'd add to the spooky fun of the jack-o-lanterns.

Monster Masquerade... my fears for that zone are becoming a reality, but on a more underwhelming level. Can we at least get a chandelier?

Hell's Harvest... YES. More of this! I want to see these skeletal pumpkin heads above guest services like the skeletons in 2006!
Du6vNiL.jpg

Glad to see them putting a big more effort into the scare-zones this year. That's always been my least favorite part of HHN each year. Still doesn't seem to be quite up to Orlando par yet though. -_-
You also have to realize that Orlando has A LOT more space than we do :( I think that’s why their scare zones are more spectacular than ours...could be wrong though

You also have to realize that Orlando has A LOT more space than we do :( I think that’s why their scare zones are more spectacular than ours...could be wrong though

That is true, but not the main reason. We all have to remember that the HHN design team is made up of professional designers. It's not at all the designers fault.
There are really good reasons as to why Hollywood has toned down their zones, but it's still maddening.

Some of the reasons include:
*Too graphic for daytime guests
*Ruins the family friendly park environment
*Too many people complained
- Just to name a few

Plus, who wants to bet that beneath those "ghost" bedsheets, there's a really gory prop that they can't show during normal hours?
Actually I'm betting the middle one would be "Emma":grin:, but what I'm confused about is where would "Charlies death" be considering the small amount of room in this zone? or was that speculation? Also hoping there's a crashed Chandelier in the middle of Monster Masquerade:ay:

Last edited:
You also have to realize that Orlando has A LOT more space than we do :(
They just have wider midways in the front half of the park due to being wide enough for 2 cars to pass by each other for filming. We have plenty of space for scarezones, it just has to be done creatively. The big issue is our park is slowly being rebuilt, while it looks nice... it isn't exactly HHN scarezone friendly. Hell, our streets aren't even crowd friendly.

Some of the reasons include:
*Too graphic for daytime guests
*Ruins the family friendly park environment
*Too many people complained
- Just to name a few
*stupid unnecessary budget cuts

Gore in scarezones is really lame unless it actually fits the theme, but its also very lazy. Less mannequins & more props/set details fixes the "too graphic/ruins family-friendly" issue. Although, any guest/family that complains makes me want to have dead Minions on spikes all around Super Silly FunLand :ay:

Reactions: ush.hacker
The Hells Harvest decorations are... interesting to say the least. Don't quite know how Egyptian like statues can relate to the theme but we'll see.

HHN Hollywood is definitely stepping up their scarezone game!

Positive news, we may be getting a puppet character in a zone - Return of Chuckys amazing roasts but in a different form....?

The Hells Harvest decorations are... interesting to say the least. Don't quite know how Egyptian like statues can relate to the theme but we'll see.

HHN Hollywood is definitely stepping up their scarezone game!

Positive news, we may be getting a puppet character in a zone - Return of Chuckys amazing roasts but in a different form....?

I can't wait then for the leprechaun to be canceled then after he offends a group of millennial's.