Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Only if you have daytime admission to the park.
I wouldn't plan on getting to do Stay and Scream if you don't have a day time pass and do the tour, but based on who is touring and when the tour ends. I have heard different answers.

Hello all!! I was just wondering, on average, once the park reaches its really busy times, when waits are say an hour plus, what are the wait times typically like with express passes? Thinking of getting express for the first time and would like to know what to expect!

Also, I know the after 6pm free parking isn't in effect for HHN, but if I recall in years past if you came after 8pm parking was discounted....does anyone know if this is still a thing and if so how much?

Thanks so much!!

Hello all!! I was just wondering, on average, once the park reaches its really busy times, when waits are say an hour plus, what are the wait times typically like with express passes? Thinking of getting express for the first time and would like to know what to expect!

Also, I know the after 6pm free parking isn't in effect for HHN, but if I recall in years past if you came after 8pm parking was discounted....does anyone know if this is still a thing and if so how much?

Thanks so much!!

Really busy times houses can reach waits of 2-3 hours. Express on average reduces the waits by 1/3 to 1/2. I’ve heard of express walking into a house with an hour wait and also an hour wait when the regular line is at two hours.

Thanks so much!!
Waited 45 minutes for Scarecrow last year, in the express line.

Only if you have daytime admission to the park.
They used to release you into the park, and not check if you had a ticket, it was the honor system, but I guess people ruined that. If you are doing the 6 house tour, it costs more than a one day ticket, they probably should just let you stay in the park anyway.

Last year after the tour hey brought you back to the Blue Man Group area, where you check in, and that is out of the park.

Last edited:

Go using express. I’ve gone every year since 2012 with express and it really helps you see a lot of the event. You also have less queue switch backs to deal with, leading to less walking. I would end up hitting 2/3 of the houses more than once each night.

While on the subject, last year was the first time I went a night without using express. I found the posted wait times to be greatly exaggerated. For example, Dead Waters had a 70 min wait time posted, and we got in after 30 min in line. Fallen had a 35 min wait time, and we got in after 20 min. Saw had 80 mins, and we entered after 45 min. The only time we waited longer was when Blumhouse shut down due to tech difficulties.

I’m going 3 nights without express this year, using Stay and Scream each night. That’s also a great ticket option. I’ll post some thoughts on tips in the appropriate thread.

On 2am closing nights is the 'half' express option for use only after 11pm? I think that's been the case previous years

Im a little bit confused.. when you are in a S&S area/ event just starts, can you get the reduced express passes already before its 10 o'clock? Or can you only buy them when it hits 10?

Thanks so much!!
Wait I thought that parking after 8 was free. Is this not the case anymore? Really need to know

I'm a Passholder, my girlfimruend isn't yet. Can I buy the FF pass at the Passholder rate for her, ir just the FL resident rate?