What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Steel Vengeance's accident was widely publicised. Many people were put off, that's one reason why it has failed to impact attendance.

It was also a by-product of RMC overworking themselves. They screwed themselves over by doing too much, to when they should've been more reserved on what they did.

Although the Raptors were successful, they seemed to have quite a few issues with the Hybrids.

My concern with RMCing Gwazi, isn't with the cars or the track: It's the wooden structure.

My concern with RMCing Gwazi, isn't with the cars or the track: It's the wooden structure.

True. Unless it’s going to go Quasi Mobius (ala Twisted Colossus), there’s going to be a lot of empty space around the ride, left over. Plus the age/condition of the wood itself. Lots of unknowns, it this project has been stewing for years, so it’s nice to see something finally happening. Probably start soon with construction.

True. Unless it’s going to go Quasi Mobius (ala Twisted Colossus), there’s going to be a lot of empty space around the ride, left over. Plus the age/condition of the wood itself. Lots of unknowns, it this project has been stewing for years, so it’s nice to see something finally happening. Probably start soon with construction.

I'm more concerned of the age of the supports, given how long it's been since Gwazi's closure up until now.

I have to hope they address that when working on the coaster.

I'm more concerned of the age of the supports, given how long it's been since Gwazi's closure up until now.

I have to hope they address that when working on the coaster.

Surely, that’s covered by an RMC project. Georgia Cyclone, in particular, looked rough before it closed for conversion. Twisted Twins was closed for years before Storm Chaser (albeit, that has galvanized metal supports).

Edit: Throwing out a theory, but I could see RMC Gwazi return with one station, one long track with two lifts, yet between 2000-3000 feet of track cut out of the attraction. That would shrink its ride time and footprint, allowing for more space for events/back of house facilities, like cutting the northern-most helix near Sheirka. I do not believe Busch is in the position to RMC the entire layout (7k+ feet), nor do I think it will be kept as two separate tracks. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
2hs1am.jpg

Just some of my various thoughts about this whole thing:
  • I wonder if they’ll keep Gwazi as it is? I’m not sure if BGT wants a mobius-loop coaster.
  • Like the capacity or not, a Skyrocket II is better than any flat they could have gotten, and it revamps that whole section of the park.
  • Finally people can stop complaining about the massive eyesore the Gwazi structure is!
  • An RMC is great, and a Skyrocket II on top of that is awesome, but don’t expect any major additions for a while after RMC Gwazi opens. This means no giga for the next five years or so.
  • Speaking of additions, I’m still hoping for a Screamin Swing in 2021.
  • Is it possible that they’ll redo the whole area around Gwazi? It kinda sucks.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I am glad they chose Tigris for the name. I wanted a one word name, instead of the two name streak they have been on.

As for RMC Gwazi, they also mentioned the word "Mountain" which I don't think has been pointed out on this site so far. So the key words from the announcement was Rocky, Mountain, Hybrid, Revamp. I'm so excited!