Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Does anyone know if the park app is changed for Horror Nights? I keep track of the waittimes from the website, but if I could find something that works a bit more fluidly, that'd be nice.

Dude, the food looks BOMB. Glad to see some themed HHN food. Though previously it wasn't themed (Well, technically it was, but it was generic), 2016's was AMAZING. Tater tot nachos were amazing and that grilled cheese bacon sandwich was awesome. Last year....ugh. No tater nachos and the grilled cheese became french toast. Glad to see they're putting more effort into their food. I wish they gave us the location of these food items.

Does anyone know if the park app is changed for Horror Nights? I keep track of the waittimes from the website, but if I could find something that works a bit more fluidly, that'd be nice.
yes the app has a specific section for horror nights, used it last year and it works great

Reactions: DTH
If EP is any indication so far, looks like the longest lines will be ST and UM. And the shortest line will be Purge -- that house spot always has short lines, is it cursed or something? lol

Okey dokey! For those who want to avoid all possibility of spoilers, here's the basic rub for the event so far:

Mazes:
+Stranger Things is heavily effects driven and very good. And also has a 4 hour line.
+TrT is beautiful and full of scares, but has some black wallzzzz for transitions.
+Poltergeist is amazing and full of effects.
+Purge is eh. Good scenes, but peters out.
+Blumhouse is shockingly good. Finale is amazing.
+UCM is top tier for the event. Best set design for USH ever.
+Halloween 4 is kind of a mixed bag. Some great scenes, some weirdly empty ones.
+Terror Tram gets mixed signals; some say it's actually good, some say it's still Terror Tram. They've stepped up the lighting at least, from the videos I've seen.

Scare-Zones:
+Holidayz in Hell is a really good gauntlet, full of theming. I saw a video on IG, it was awesome all the things they did.
+Trick R' Treat is seriously livened up by the flame towers and surrounding theming, TrT + Hell's Harvest has a really fun opening ceremony.
+No word on Masquerade just yet
+Toxxic Tunnel is slightly better than last year. Still no props in the tunnel itself, but lighting is more energetic.

Overall notes:
+ @Aaron on on Twitter, who I'm basing most of this off of, thinks that some/most mazes weirdly lack finales.
+ There are black walls in most mazes, but most seem not to care as much/ there's far less than 2017, at least so far. No Ash or Shining scenarios this time, thank God.

Last edited:
I like what I'm hearing. Aaron did tell me there are a bit less black walls this year, but he really enjoyed. Not quite 2016, but still not bad from what he told me. It sounds like the black walls are done with context and not just lazily thrown in there like Ash or Shinning. In that case, I don't mind them.