The Walkers do Orlando 2018 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walkers do Orlando 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To continue on.

The Magic Kingdom was what it was. We had a great day but two odd things happened.

We went to Skipper Canteen for lunch, I thought the food was kind of average but Laura enjoued hers. Just as we finished our meal, a waiter at the next table dropped something on the table smashing two wine glasses that all flew in my direction, land down my leg and foot. I picked a few bits of glass out, the waiter came over and tidied up around me, seen what happened but never acknowledged it. No apology, nothing. I’m not looking for a discount off my meal or anything but a simple apology as this could have been a lot worse.

We continued to notice a new trend of angry or sad cast members all day. Usually the staff make the experience but everybody kind of felt off.

The second instance was at the flag folding ceremony. Just as the band started to walk up Main Street, a young boy walked off the pavement and a cast member grabbed by the arm, pulling him back up to the pavement and walks away calling him a: ‘stupid little f@ck’. I thought I misheard but Laura heard it and people around us heard the same.

Not really what you expect to see or hear.

If you’ve been reading up to here, you already know about dinner.

We waited 7mins for the bus to arrive and 20mins to get back to the hotel, not too bad considering although we did leave before the fireworks ended. If you’ve seen one firework show at the MK I think you’ve seen them all.

Currently at Epcot to get our food and drink on but currently stuck in the Test Track queue.

Has Test Track ever had a day where it’s not broke down?

To continue on.

The Magic Kingdom was what it was. We had a great day but two odd things happened.

We went to Skipper Canteen for lunch, I thought the food was kind of average but Laura enjoued hers. Just as we finished our meal, a waiter at the next table dropped something on the table smashing two wine glasses that all flew in my direction, land down my leg and foot. I picked a few bits of glass out, the waiter came over and tidied up around me, seen what happened but never acknowledged it. No apology, nothing. I’m not looking for a discount off my meal or anything but a simple apology as this could have been a lot worse.

We continued to notice a new trend of angry or sad cast members all day. Usually the staff make the experience but everybody kind of felt off.

The second instance was at the flag folding ceremony. Just as the band started to walk up Main Street, a young boy walked off the pavement and a cast member grabbed by the arm, pulling him back up to the pavement and walks away calling him a: ‘stupid little f@ck’. I thought I misheard but Laura heard it and people around us heard the same.

Not really what you expect to see or hear.

If you’ve been reading up to here, you already know about dinner.

We waited 7mins for the bus to arrive and 20mins to get back to the hotel, not too bad considering although we did leave before the fireworks ended. If you’ve seen one firework show at the MK I think you’ve seen them all.

Currently at Epcot to get our food and drink on but currently stuck in the Test Track queue.

Has Test Track ever had a day where it’s not broke down?
Wow, one bad incident would be troubling, but that many of that magnitude is level 10 troubling. Really bad show......Read something on Touring Plans a few weeks ago about Test Track. They studied it for a while due to the same concerns you stated. And yes, turned out it has technical (not weather related) issues several times nearly every day. One reason for it's always long lines, even early morning.

Wow, one bad incident would be troubling, but that many of that magnitude is level 10 troubling. Really bad show......Read something on Touring Plans a few weeks ago about Test Track. They studied it for a while due to the same concerns you stated. And yes, turned out it has technical (not weather related) issues several times nearly every day. One reason for it's always long lines, even early morning.

Cast members have bad days like everybody else but this felt like a general theme throughout the day. You read about Disney missing projections with low crowds and people still waiting 45mins + and you’re going to have an angry crowd which the cast members will be taking the brunt of and this is going to be the result.

Test Track was down before the park even opened. We ended up missing our next FP because of it. Again, Cast Members don’t seem to care.

Cast members have bad days like everybody else but this felt like a general theme throughout the day. You read about Disney missing projections with low crowds and people still waiting 45mins + and you’re going to have an angry crowd which the cast members will be taking the brunt of and this is going to be the result.

Test Track was down before the park even opened. We ended up missing our next FP because of it. Again, Cast Members don’t seem to care.
Sad commentary on the state of the resort. You really need to go to Guest Relations to give them a full accounting of all this stuff. And I think a nasty letter to George K. should follow.

@Scott W. Are you at Bisto 17? Or is that your double?

Eta: I walked by and heard them talking
Not you just your lookalike

I think I’ve got one of those faces. Still in the Disney bubble but I’ll be in Bistro 17 soon enough.

I’ll post an update later on today as I’m heading to Wine Bar George for dinner and my wife wants to stop by Sephora which should give me plenty of time.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think I’ve got one of those faces. Still in the Disney bubble but I’ll be in Bistro 17 soon enough.

I’ll post an update later on today as I’m heading to Wine Bar George for dinner and my wife wants to stop by Sephora which should give me plenty of time.
If she stays at Sephora for long, you may have plenty of time but not so much money. :shrug:

Been at Wine Bar George and on my phone so this fill be filled with terrible spelling.

On Tuesday we went to DHS. Toy Story Land was a pretty good addition but the lack of any shade was a huge issue. We’ve both found the heat this year to be far warmer than normal.

Slinky was good but I thought it rattled considerably for a coaster that’s barely a few months old. ASS had one side break down when in the queue which weirdly resulted in an hour wait for a 90sec ride (Our longest wait during our whole trip)

I’ve never really thought of DHS as a half day park until this trip. We had planned a full day with Dining reservations which we cancelled a few days before which worked in our favour.

The Disney app went down and caused havoc. I couldn’t find or remover any of our FP times. We were advised to go to a kiosk but since everybody else had the same problem, each kiosk had about 30+ people in them. Add the combination of large groups, the elderly and general morons, it took about 20mins to just get to a kiosk. I work with the public and I know how dense they can be at times but Cast Members must be pulling their hair out when they get home. I heard somebody asking where Tower of Terror was on Sunset Blvd.

I tried some beers at the tap house which is a solid addition. The staff were great at helping me pick a few beers and it was reasonably priced for the size of beers, especially compared to Food and Wine which I’ll get to tomorrow.

We left the park about half 4, went to Taco Bell for a cheap meal and then went to the outlets.

I had thought Disney was excessively expensive this year but in general, prices are up every where this year.

I also bought Laura new Mickey ears for $25 at the hotel before finding them at $28 in the park and conflicting prices throughout the day.

I forgot to mention Tower of Terror. It’s still great but after Mission Breakout, it now feels a little slow and boring. I don’t know what the future holds for it but I think it might be time for a change.

The cast members were better but I’m getting the impression that they’re currently experiencing a high turnover of staff. They don’t seem as educated as normal, they also seem a little more chatty about their disapprovals of management and weirdly a few takes about their love of Universal and HP after seeing my wife’s nails.

The park was relatively quiet overall and Star Wars is going to make the park a nightmare. It will need something else quickly after it opens.

I forgot to mention Tower of Terror. It’s still great but after Mission Breakout, it now feels a little slow and boring. I don’t know what the future holds for it but I think it might be time for a change.
Once again I agree MB is better, but you actually did mention it earlier in the thread :lol:

Checked in at Hard Rock and waiting on our room. Currently at ihop for a cheap breakfast and watching the construction at Endless Summer.

I’m getting a Vegas feel from the skyline now.

294747C4-1F7C-4E5A-9D07-00F775B0B75C.jpeg

I’m assuming parking has gone as it’s now $24 a night which is ridiculous that now it costs more than to park at the parks.

I agree with your thoughts on star wars. Been saying for a while now that once it opens the crowds come that park will be an even bigger mess that it is currently'

How much is the rental car per day?

Im picking one up for approx $38 later in my trip

I agree with your thoughts on star wars. Been saying for a while now that once it opens the crowds come that park will be an even bigger mess that it is currently'

Im picking one up for approx $38 later in my trip
If Scott's is similar that's $62 a day with HR parking.....IHOP breakfast not so cheap. I think you can return rentals at Hard Rock but may depend on the company. Hertz is on property at the Hard Rock.

Last edited: