Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The guest survey at the exit of the event is different this time.

They ask for your ticket and then scan it before you do the survey now.

Also at the end, they dont ask for ur email or dont ask for suggestions or comments anymore.
Just comments on the houses
I wonder if they're leaving out the general comments because they find it pointless for people to use the space to request IPs that are unatainable?

- Didn't see that "emergency zone" in San Fran on Saturday.
I haven't been by it personally so I don't actually know myself. But from everything i've heard (and even from what someone said on here), there was a chainsaw horde of killer mechanics there on Friday. Things are continually changing with each day that goes by however so who knows. I just got tipped about it happening on Friday, anything past that I have no idea about.

Just figured i'd respond to this since i'm the one who originally posted about it.

I wonder if they're leaving out the general comments because they find it pointless for people to use the space to request IPs that are unatainable?

Well now that you mention this, there are some rumors going around online and on fb that because hhn is running out of movies to use and that because WB is not gonna let them use their properties anymore, that uni is looking for ways to bring non horror properties or shows ( and that stranget things was the beginning of this)

While waiting for SoX I heard some folks talking about how perfect a Nightmare Before Christmas house would be.

That movie could work as well as trick or treat for a house if u stick to the halloween town parts and skip the cutesy stuff.

Make the whole house based on the monsters alone and it would actually work well

I totally agree. When you change up a policy guests have relied on for two decades, that requires some notice. See also: no long selling multi-night tickets to APs at the gate. (Which still stymies me, what is the thinking there???)

I'd increase prices first--at least doubling, to be honest. Again, unlike yesterday, I'm not convinced these crowds are going to dissipate completely come Wednesday.
If they doubled it to nearly $200pp that would definetly end HHN for us. I'd switch to H-O-S (which is already absurdly cheaper)

Well now that you mention this, there are some rumors going around online and on fb that because hhn is running out of movies to use and that because WB is not gonna let them use their properties anymore, that uni is looking for ways to bring non horror properties or shows ( and that stranget things was the beginning of this)

That movie could work as well as trick or treat for a house if u stick to the halloween town parts and skip the cutesy stuff.

Make the whole house based on the monsters alone and it would actually work well
?? Even if WB declined their stuff they're hardly the only studio in the world. ?

Tonight was a much smoother night, although Stranger Things was already at 135 minutes at 6:05 !! We did 3 houses and dinner by 10... so far my favorite has been Dead Exposure (that is a pretty intense house!) but set wise I am still a big fan of Scary Tales. :)

But from everything i've heard (and even from what someone said on here), there was a chainsaw horde of killer mechanics there on Friday.
Whilst waiting in the AP early entry line I heard the same thing from a cast member I was talking to about the event, and he also said...

That HHN would be focusing less on movie houses and more on video game houses. TBH I really doubt that but that’s what the cast member told me he had an inkling about. I also recall him mentioning there might be a 50s “theme” next year in the same vein that this year is 80s “themed.”
Please Universal give Michael Aiello and his team a dark ride and a nice budget. These houses are amazing.
I’m finding it hard to choose between 7 different houses for my favorite, I’ve never really had that problem before. :lol:

Universal will of course be interested in new "not no scary" shows and movies that can fit into the event. However, I do not think Uni will make the event more family friendly when a good chunk of the event's profit comes from drinking.

I expect next year to possibly introduce the Classic Monsters into the mix as one IP/Original house if Uni is really desperate. And there's still lots of dark horse and classic films yet to have been featured that are not owned by Warner Brothers.

WB ironically gave the rights to IT this year to a pro haunt in Saint Louis. So I'm not sure if it was due to money or what? However arguably even without WB properties this has been a great year for Universal.

I mean even the non IP houses seem to be more satisfying to the guests than certain IPs houses

Reactions: Lucky Planet
WB ironically gave the rights to IT this year to a pro haunt in Saint Louis. So I'm not sure if it was due to money or what? However arguably even without WB properties this has been a great year for Universal.

I think it was more of preventing USH from getting IT and maybe allow Orlando. Or the asking price was way too much when Universal already spent too much on Stranger Things.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I haven't been by it personally so I don't actually know myself. But from everything i've heard (and even from what someone said on here), there was a chainsaw horde of killer mechanics there on Friday. Things are continually changing with each day that goes by however so who knows. I just got tipped about it happening on Friday, anything past that I have no idea about.

Just figured i'd respond to this since i'm the one who originally posted about it.

Friday night was definitely a chainsaw hoard--was early, but wore the carnival costumes that would end up in Springfield. Maybe a fill-in for a shift or two?

Saturday night they had switched to guys in blue overalls. I didn't get the mechanic reference until just now, wasn't sure if they were generic prisoners or what. As far as I could tell, didn't even have make-up. Clearly a last-minute audible.

Universal will of course be interested in new "not no scary" shows and movies that can fit into the event. However, I do not think Uni will make the event more family friendly when a good chunk of the event's profit comes from drinking.
Yeah, I was scared of Uni neutering this year's event because of the presence of StrTh, but it's one of the more intense houses.

Anyone have any luck getting the after 10 express this weekend? I'm heading out there on Sunday and plan to be at the gate well before rope drop.

Reactions: Kichkinet85