Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

It was for Gwazi, the line was always slowed to a crawl
That was becasue Gwazi had some of the worst ride ops in the park. Busch places the best and fast ride ops at all their new rides from now on such as Falcons Fury and Cobras Curse. They also all use headsets to communicate with the ride operator making the loading go much faster. Plus Gwazi never had that long of a wait and people took forever to buckle up so their wasn't a rush to load the train which was annoying tbh. When the lines are long for the new rides coming up, they will have to load much quicker to increase capacity. They also installed video boards last year that times them for the amount of time their loading each train at and how many how they have done in an hour, so they can reach their hourly goal. The loading boards speed it up a little bit more I think, and I like them a lot.

They added on a bunch of extra wood to make Mean Streak taller. Who’s to say that they can’t do the same here?

It's probably structurally impossible to add an additional 50 ft to a coaster that's only 100 ft tall to begin with, without completely reconstructing the lift and drop. The amount of height they added to Mean Streak was 25% of it's original height. You're asking for RMC to go 50% more than it's original height on Gwazi. Most they could do here is 125 ft, and even then you're not going to get 7,000 ft of forceful airtime out of it, physics will tell you that.

Mean Streak and Twisted Timbers are the only instances where an RMC conversion resulted in a longer ride. If anything the two tracks will be shortened with a much more forceful ride profile. Honestly I'm expecting this to have the look and feel of Joker at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, and less that of something like Steel Vengeance.

So, seeing as Busch Gardens is evidently willing to resurrect old attractions, I'm going to get completely carried away and submit my wish list of future attractions for this park, all in a similar vein to an RMC Gwazi:

1) Bring back Rhino Rally with a Kong 360 style ending to replace the water section. I don't know how much a dome theater with motion platform would cost, but considering nearly everything else is already built I image the cost wouldn't be far from their typical budget.

Simworx | Immersive Tunnel

That was becasue Gwazi had some of the worst ride ops in the park. Busch places the best and fast ride ops at all their new rides from now on such as Falcons Fury and Cobras Curse. They also all use headsets to communicate with the ride operator making the loading go much faster. Plus Gwazi never had that long of a wait and people took forever to buckle up so their wasn't a rush to load the train which was annoying tbh. When the lines are long for the new rides coming up, they will have to load much quicker to increase capacity. They also installed video boards last year that times them for the amount of time their loading each train at and how many how they have done in an hour, so they can reach their hourly goal. The loading boards speed it up a little bit more I think, and I like them a lot.
Every park places their best and most experienced at new rides. Helps make the opening go slightly smoother as they know how to deal with problems better. Plus, if they’re efficient, they can keep capacity up.

Last edited:
To be fair, it had some of the most insane loading procedures I;d ever seen. First everyone had to put a seatbelt on, which they checked individually. Then they would lower a lapser, which required every seat to be checked again to make sure it was locked. If they were going to do it fast with the size of the trains it would have required 4 loaders and 4 unloaders on each side... not gonna happen

Hate to say this, but they are going to have the same load procedure for an RMC hybrid as they did with Gwazi; especially using the trains they do. Steel Vengeance, Storm Chaser and Twisted Timbers (and some others I'm sure) definitely require belt check first then lapbar (to be lowered by ride attendant). This causes a lot of slowdowns when people don't listen, lower the lapbar and they have to unlock the lapbars to redo them over and over all day. I see this being a big issue with this park, since there are a lot more tourists from around the world who may not speak/understand the language.

With that said, they were very fast at Steel Vengeance...but that's Cedar Point using their best crew (and used 4 checking restraints- 2 on each side). Storm Chaser (at Kentucky Kingdom) was slow like watching a pot of water to boil or paint to dry waiting for a dispatch...and the park was dead so I'd hate to see it if it were actually busy. Even with one train wait, it was about a 7-10 min dispatch time on average the times I rode it (and was running 2 trains). Hopefully being the new attraction (at BGT) in 2020, they'll at least be fairly quick the first year at least. However judging by some of the other rides (especially Montu...sometimes), I see the enthusiasm deteriorate over time with slow loading and no hustle. I would love for them to prove me wrong however. Most of the slow loading issues seemed to have come about after the parks were sold and then went public with penny pinchers calling the shots.

Not only that but another contributing factor versus a B&M is having the ride op constantly bending over to check restraints. B&M's are pretty much seated at eye level so there's little to no effort required in checking restraints and it makes the loading process a heck of a lot faster.

To be fair, it had some of the most insane loading procedures I;d ever seen. First everyone had to put a seatbelt on, which they checked individually. Then they would lower a lapser, which required every seat to be checked again to make sure it was locked. If they were going to do it fast with the size of the trains it would have required 4 loaders and 4 unloaders on each side... not gonna happen
Yep, and the line backed up frequently...There were even two coasters

I think when it becomes an RMC it's going to be slammed, and therefore needs something to speed up the process

Hate to say this, but they are going to have the same load procedure for an RMC hybrid as they did with Gwazi; especially using the trains they do. Steel Vengeance, Storm Chaser and Twisted Timbers (and some others I'm sure) definitely require belt check first then lapbar (to be lowered by ride attendant). This causes a lot of slowdowns when people don't listen, lower the lapbar and they have to unlock the lapbars to redo them over and over all day. I see this being a big issue with this park, since there are a lot more tourists from around the world who may not speak/understand the language.

With that said, they were very fast at Steel Vengeance...but that's Cedar Point using their best crew (and used 4 checking restraints- 2 on each side). Storm Chaser (at Kentucky Kingdom) was slow like watching a pot of water to boil or paint to dry waiting for a dispatch...and the park was dead so I'd hate to see it if it were actually busy. Even with one train wait, it was about a 7-10 min dispatch time on average the times I rode it (and was running 2 trains). Hopefully being the new attraction (at BGT) in 2020, they'll at least be fairly quick the first year at least. However judging by some of the other rides (especially Montu...sometimes), I see the enthusiasm deteriorate over time with slow loading and no hustle. I would love for them to prove me wrong however. Most of the slow loading issues seemed to have come about after the parks were sold and then went public with penny pinchers calling the shots.
Probably because in 90% of coasters YOU actually lower the lap bar and the attendent checks to make sure its locked.

I like the combo of the old and new sections of the park. The bird Gardens is some of the last remains of that old Busch Gardens feeling and its very relaxing to walk through, but they may want to add an attraction there in 5 years or so to bring life back to that section of the park. The theming is not going to be at Disney level but its way better than Six Flags or Cedar Fair which I am happy at where is it at. The park is adding more theming to each land from their new attractions such as creating Pantopia with Falcons Fury and more Egypt theming with Cobras Curse, so dont complain.

Busch Gardens is not generic. Sure there are parts that scream it, but it definitely does a great job in making the park look nice.
There are areas that show their age: Bird Gardens/Congo/Nairobi somewhat...But I think some areas of the park are downright gorgeous
Yeah...like I said there are areas (Egypt, Pantopia, Cheetah Enclosure) that are relaxing and fantastic but I'd say the majority is the Sea World brand large grassy area with flowers. Not my thing.