Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

If you claim your dog is a service animal, you are actually allowed to ask two questions: What the animal is trained for and what disability it is for service. Therapy animals are not covered under the ADA.

You don't get how hard it is to have 1 day of practice on-the-job and then be expected to go out there and be perfect... especially when 75% of Events ops employers for example are seasonal or new hires for the event. A lot of the scareactors are ALSO new hires and many having never done an HHN before (I'd say it tends to be around 50% every year... maybe slightly less).

So while @Legacy and I highlighted that part of that could be to preserve the body throughout the run, another part could simply be that we're two days into a 36 day event. Give the actors in the houses and streets this first weekend to get acclimated to their environment and feeling out which scares work and which don't. There's not a magic switch that turns on and everyone is all of a sudden perfect.

No worries, I think I just used too many words to say I can't believe OPs has not figured out that their busiest house needs to scan Express tickets before the point where Express and Standby merge such that there are people staged to join the conga w/o interruption from either queue as it sounded like they again tried to maybe have one person work the line...scanning Express and holding both lines until they got the right number of Express in.

I have mad respect for the front line workers...it should only be the actors that need one day of practice as others can be paired/shadowed.

I dunno, I just think there are some things they bring upon themselves...this is the what the 28th year....they should at least have experience (the folks that plan) from the past five years to draw from for a playbook....some folks do pay good money/only go one night...

I tend to go either week two or three for our visit. I know even then there are new OPs folks being brought in...we see changes over the two to four nights we tend to attend..we still go (save we only tried opening weekend once and that was enough!)

6 out of 10? Hmmmm, yea I guess I'm going to be springing for express, I wanna ride some rides too, and only way to guarantee everything is with express.
I could have done them all last night if I wanted to. I got 6 and arrived about 7:30, back at hotel by 10:30 when it started raining. Much better ops and crowd levels

I wonder how woozy is too woozy? Do people weave and tilt all plastered at this event?

“Visibly intoxicated” so slurred speech, impaired motor control, etc.

While it’s not as sober as a normal operating day it’s better than F&W.

Opening night I was behind a solo guy who was trashed. Ran into the facade for blumhouse and used it as support to get into the house. I thought security would stop him but no. He was also behind an ops guy doing a walkthrough... he did nothing. In the parking garage scene he walked behind the pillar and "scared" the lady that hides behind it. She reported it to the ops guy in that room and at the end the house manager gave him a warning and sent him on his way. He should have been kicked out or at least pulled aside to sober up.

Sunday night was way better than Friday night crowd-wise. There were times and areas where it was legit empty, and we managed to get 8 houses done in 2 and a half hours or so with express.

Ops are getting better but still have some work to do, had 4 women film and selfie the entirety of Poltergeist last night, stopping and posing every couple of steps. It was so bad I ended up telling 6 Ops members inside the house with all of them just shrugging and telling us to keep going, except 1 that actually said something that was completely ignored. Quite a departure from Blumhouse earlier in the night where we got yelled at by every op for not being so close to the people in front we could tell what they had for dinner.

The biggest issues I see this year so far are the guests having no respect and kids under 10 (there are a lot!). Also for whatever reason the poor Klowns are like a magnet for horrible guest behavior. Haven't really seen too many people drunk but we have been leaving earlier in the night. There was a lovely man last night that offered my daughter and I free entry into a gentleman's club in Coco. It sounded like a great deal, free entry, drinks, and dances for me and my 16 year old daughter........ He told me she would love it several times so maybe it will be an early Christmas present :thud:

definitely none of that happening

The only thing remotely familiar to this was when I was sitting at Finns (being served by the same waiter at dinner) and tried to order a third drink and was told that I could not order another one (she could not serve me more than 2). Not sure what the official rule is, but there is no way they could accurately keep track of how many beverages - total judgement call of those serving.

Sunday night was way better than Friday night crowd-wise. There were times and areas where it was legit empty, and we managed to get 8 houses done in 2 and a half hours or so with express.

Ops are getting better but still have some work to do, had 4 women film and selfie the entirety of Poltergeist last night, stopping and posing every couple of steps. It was so bad I ended up telling 6 Ops members inside the house with all of them just shrugging and telling us to keep going, except 1 that actually said something that was completely ignored. Quite a departure from Blumhouse earlier in the night where we got yelled at by every op for not being so close to the people in front we could tell what they had for dinner.

The biggest issues I see this year so far are the guests having no respect and kids under 10 (there are a lot!). Also for whatever reason the poor Klowns are like a magnet for horrible guest behavior. Haven't really seen too many people drunk but we have been leaving earlier in the night. There was a lovely man last night that offered my daughter and I free entry into a gentleman's club in Coco. It sounded like a great deal, free entry, drinks, and dances for me and my 16 year old daughter........ He told me she would love it several times so maybe it will be an early Christmas present :thud:

There's been lots of filming/photography in the houses. I thought maybe they'd allowed it now? I witnessed none of the ops team members telling them to stop.

There's been lots of filming/photography in the houses. I thought maybe they'd allowed it now? I witnessed none of the ops team members telling them to stop.
Nah, my bud got told to put his phone away once we past the op manning the line entry into the house before we were within 20 ft. of the Soundstage’s entrance.

My first year this year at HHN, went on opening night and was surprised to see a woman with a stroller, a man with a baby strapped to his chest, and 3 dogs (including a puppy) in the line for StrThgs. Was shocked but didn't know if this was the norm!

Also several younger kids (i know it just suggests 13 and above) but one looked about 8 that Chucky made a point of asking him how old he was and why his mother had allowed him to come (or something along those lines)

Well, I would never bring a baby to HHN. However, I will be there with my 12 year old (who looks 10...maybe). He's been doing Howl-o-Scream for many years (he loves it) and is braver than his 15 year old brother. They are also polite and respectful and won't be running around loose :)

If you claim your dog is a service animal, you are actually allowed to ask two questions: What the animal is trained for and what disability it is for service. Therapy animals are not covered under the ADA.

Actually, the questions are "Is this animal needed for a disability?" and "What things has this animal been trained to do for you?" If the person answers something along the lines of emotional support, anxiety, etc, it is NOT a service animal and is NOT protected under federal law.

Is the facade really a part of the house?
They only allow you to take pictures of the facades on the tour, but nothing beyond, so it would reason they are not being considered a part.
At HOS I can take pics until I walk through the entrance

Nah, my bud got told to put his phone away once we past the op manning the line entry into the house before we were within 20 ft. of the Soundstage’s entrance.
I was thanked several times as I slipped my phone into my pocket when I was entering the houses, nothing like some positive reinforcement. I am there to see the houses not see them through a camera or snapchat every turn.

Well we got there at 7:30p, spent time in zones, and had an hour rain delay/pizza fries stop. We weren’t going full tilt.
Ah gotcha man. I haven't gone since 24, and I feel lost with so many changes the last couple of years.

When waiting for Carnival Graveyard a clown popped out maybe for shift change? A few people pulled out phones and was instantly told to put them away. Not too far from the entrance to the soundstage.

Then again i was filming in one of the Zones and looks like i had my flash on without realising and was told by a team member to turn the flash off. I did so instantly not realising it was on. Is it a rule anyway no flash? Flash photography was everywhere :think:

I understand people need service animals but i agree, just like carrying a child through these areas i think it's unfair to them.

My first HHN so i've not filmed inside at all as want to enjoy it. My friend did pull out her phone and after about 2 minutes was told no recording.

Then again i was filming in one of the Zones and looks like i had my flash on without realising and was told by a team member to turn the flash off. I did so instantly not realising it was on. Is it a rule anyway no flash? Flash photography was everywhere :think:

flash blinds the actors. there's no flash, if you saw flash was because the team members didnt see them .
people are usually told to not use flash, Unless they are professional photographers, sometimes those are allowed to use flash (or unless the photographer is friends with the team members or the actors because sometimes the actors want professional pictures of their costumes )
and even the professional photographers use a different flash than a regular camera.

But yeah the flash on your phone is too bright, people on stilts are specially affected by the flashing so they have to turn their head to the side if you use flash