Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I had a great night last night. Stayed and screamed and waited 30 min for Stranger Things, 10 minutes for Poltergeist, 20 min for Scary Tales and 30 min for Slaughter Sinema. After that, I checked out the Zones and did some shopping. I love everything. I am so happy it's disgusting. I am in Simpsons S&S right now for night 2.

I just checked the app and it says stranger things is at 45 minutes at 5:30 est. is this accurate? How could it be 45 minutes already? Is it all the finnegans stay and scream people?

I did S&S and was able to do 3 houses. It was a pretty good night crowd-wise, very low for the first couple hours. If you want to do stranger things, S&S is the best way to do it. The S&S waiting is miserable, but it’s less miserable than waiting during HHN. To people worried about HHN just being high crowds with less effects: Yes, there can be high crowds, and I saw a few effects not working, but it is still very enjoyable and so much fun.

Side note, what are everyone’s thoughts on AOV? I thought it was kinda meh. Some parts were really cool, but it’s mostly a dance show without a real point.

Last edited:
When Chance ignores half of the room on her rounds, multiple times, THAT's a frigging problem.

I definitely would have been upset if one of the main characters for the HHN year walked by our table and didn't say hi. So I totally get what your saying. Sorry you didn't enjoy the dining. My wife and I had a great experience, but we went in with pretty low expectations after reading other reviews similar to yours. A big help to justify the event for us was the early access, since we didn't have day tickets and it was an AP appreciation night, so lots of people were let in early that day.

Side note, what are everyone’s thoughts on AOV? I thought it was kinda meh. Some parts were really cool, but it’s mostly a dance show without a real point.

We saw video on youtube of the show the first weekend and decided the show wasn't for us. Wish it would have had more of a horror theme with monsters and stuff.

7pm and I have done 5 houses thanks to Simpsons S&S. My girlfriend and I walked through Seeds all by ourselves which was flat-out amazing. I will love that house forever now. Waited for nothing and did that, Sinema, TrT, Dead Exposure and Blumhouse and I really enjoyed all of them. Dead Exposure was crazy good.

Dead Exposure, TrT, Poltergiest and Scary Tales were our favorites. We went last weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
7pm and I have done 5 houses thanks to Simpsons S&S. My girlfriend and I walked through Seeds all by ourselves which was flat-out amazing. I will love that house forever now. Waited for nothing and did that, Sinema, TrT, Dead Exposure and Blumhouse and I really enjoyed all of them. Dead Exposure was crazy good.
Had the exact same experience in SoX with @sadbunny , I love how that house almost never has long waits.

Glad you’re having such a great time, brother. We should try to meet up on the 4th to say hi!

Just got back from a short trip out tonight. Lots of drunks there tonight. Litarally in front of a guy that was about to beat up his girlfriend because she didn't want him to touch her.

Slaughter went down for about 30 mins and when it went back up dead exposure went down.

Projector was working in stranger things. Rain was on in poltergeist one run then off 15 mins later in a repeat run.

Picked up a pumpkin guts printed shirt. They are 37 but you get the ap discount on them .

Just got back from a short trip out tonight. Lots of drunks there tonight. Litarally in front of a guy that was about to beat up his girlfriend because she didn't want him to touch her.

Slaughter went down for about 30 mins and when it went back up dead exposure went down.

Projector was working in stranger things. Rain was on in poltergeist one run then off 15 mins later in a repeat run.

Picked up a pumpkin guts printed shirt. They are 37 but you get the ap discount on them .

37 for a t-shirt?? Unless it comes with a bag of cash, I'm out. We'll be spending enough already.

I'd probably take a thermos full of chilled butterbeer instead of the bag of cash.

i think the shirts are printed in the HHN store (I dont know the process but they have a bunch of machines in the store) from the design you pick. I didn't really pay much attention to the process but they are not the same kind of shirts you just get from the shirt rack and buy at the regular store.
Obviously the price seems steep, but yeah, they are kind of "one of a kind" shirts that are more exclusive than the regular shirts. I obviously wouldn't pay for it, lol, but they seem to be getting popular.
I think the price is because of the exclusivity of the shirt, or the process to make it or something