Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a fan of coasters. Can’t wait for Potter. But this doesn’t feel right for JP. I want a dark ride or theatre show in the ilk of Alien Encounter. Glad something is coming as it’s always felt a little bare, but seeing as Kong and Potter took the expansion spots this seems like the last chance to ever see something like this here. I just feel like there should be more Dinosaurs.

I’m a fan of coasters. Can’t wait for Potter. But this doesn’t feel right for JP. I want a dark ride or theatre show in the ilk of Alien Encounter. Glad something is coming as it’s always felt a little bare, but seeing as Kong and Potter took the expansion spots this seems like the last chance to ever see something like this here. I just feel like there should be more Dinosaurs.
Where would this dark ride go ?

Where would this dark ride go ?

If they’re not going to update the Discovery Center they could utilise that space too...maybe as the queue. Multi level. I just feel it’d be better than a generic coaster. Dinosaurs are cool...there’s not enough of them

If they’re not going to update the Discovery Center they could utilise that space too...maybe as the queue. Multi level. I just feel it’d be better than a generic coaster. Dinosaurs are cool...there’s not enough of them
Yea I that would be nice.

Any idea when the permitted demolition in IOA is going to take place?
I believe they moved some of the walls out a little further behind the Triceratops Trail. But people are saying the project was delayed, so there’s probably no rush to start major demo yet.

I thought it was a Vekoma. :look: :grin: :lol:

EDIT: Even though I would much rather see an RMC or B&M than Vekoma, I apologize for my grouchiness earlier. Watching sports can be a pain in the butt, especially if your team has very incompetent leadership...

Last edited:
I thought it was a Vekoma. :look: :grin: :lol:

Don't you technically mean Sansei Technologies? ;)

Honestly, if they were going the direction of a dark ride; the only place that makes feasible sense is the Trikes Encounter. It'd have to be smaller than Kong, but it could be done.

__

That said..it's not exactly bad that they're finally getting the coaster count back to basics. And who's to say it can't be themed after dinosaurs? Because odds are, it'll probably will.

Do they make other rides besides coasters? I don’t think Zelda works as a coaster.

Mack does quite a bit more than just coasters, but not to the level that we can see an innovative dark ride.

That said..if it's Mack, that could lead to question them possibly using the InvertPow and having that disguised as a Divine Beast (like the Master Cycle, but original for the land).

Do they make other rides besides coasters? I don’t think Zelda works as a coaster.
According to their website they do water rides and dark rides as well. Though their focus seems to on coasters and their dark rides seem to go into Europe regional parks mostly .

Status
Not open for further replies.