Freeform's Halloween House (Hollywood, Ca) | Inside Universal Forums

Freeform's Halloween House (Hollywood, Ca)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 17, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA
Breaking News guys... Disney has decided to get in on the fun outside of the Disneyland Resort with a special 6-night Halloween experience which is FREE!!!! (Much like WB's Neibolt House & Ready Player One experiences were).

T0cGIDh.jpg

JUST ANNOUNCED:
Run amuck, amuck, amuck at Freeform’s Halloween House in Hollywood in celebration of 31 Nights of Halloween.

Come see Hocus Pocus and Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas come to life with Oogie Boogie’s lair, our interactive graveyard, the iconic Sanderson Sisters’ cottage, and much more.

Obviously with HHN I can't go check it out the first 4 nights, but I have my time slot for Tuesday night. Might try to squeeze in a time on monday night too. This is definitely an experience that requires a lot of special love & care when dealing with these 2 IPs, so we'll see. I'm excited though.

I've got tickets, too. It's a pop-up, so not expecting anything too grand, but should be a fun, low-risk experience (especially since it's free).

Reactions: Wesker69
I wish I clicked this sooner. For some reason, "Freeform" didn't click in my head to me as Disney. Sold out for now, guess I'll join the waiting list.

Apparently it's at a place called the Lombardi House. Didn't look like a scary or haunted place, and I didn't see any word of "not recommended for blah blah blah" so maybe it's a very calm event.

HOWEVER... I hope this goes well. This could open the door for so much more in the future for Disney.
It is my DREAM to one day see mazes at DCA for an all out scary event. One day...

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
They added weekend dates for 5-7 but the tix were gone pretty fast. Here's to hoping they extend it another week, because I'll actually be in LA around the 11th-14th for WB possibly on the 12th if reviews are good.

Tickets keep popping up, but I'm always too late to snag them. Just extend the run already!!!

Saw some videos of it and it kinda just looks like a... party, I guess? Each room/house themed to either Hocus or Nightmare and different interactive elements. Definitely not a maze or anything scary, unfortunately.

Saw some videos of it and it kinda just looks like a... party, I guess? Each room/house themed to either Hocus or Nightmare and different interactive elements. Definitely not a maze or anything scary, unfortunately.

It's as I suspected: elaborate pop-up Instagram "museum." A fun treat for fans since it's free, but yeah, not a real maze.

Reactions: Rideguy70
When I saw the pictures for it earlier, I was a little disappointed because it isn't exactly what they advertised. I actually almost forgot about it entirely until I got the notification on my phone reminding me about it tomorrow. I'll rush home form work & go check it out anyway. Its something Halloween oriented outside of a theme park, unfortunately, its in Hollywood.. oh well. 'Tis the season

So I went and it was okay? The photo ops were really cool and they send your photos to you. But they basically were taking the photos on phones and the way they were shooting them was really weird? Like the cropping was awful. (Especially Billy Butcherson's grave. You can't even see the set up in the photo.)Image 10-10-18 at 1.21 PM.jpg Image 10-10-18 at 1.22 PM.jpg The quality was pixely. The lighting was miserable. It basically is an "instagram museum" though. You can spin a wheel in Oogie's lair and get a prize, which was pretty cool? My sister won Nightmare Before Christmas Monopoly and I won a Butterfinger. I will say the staff was super sweet! A lot of them lost their minds over my sister and I dressing up as Allison and Dani which made us happy. :love:

Reactions: DTH
I went last Friday. It was pretty disappointed. Just a couple cute photo ops. I went with a friend (who'd I consider an attractive girl) and the staff were all really creepy towards her trying to flirt. Not worth the 2 hour drive. At least we got free butterfingers?

I get it, it was promotional and a place for them to film bumpers with fans during the 31 nights of halloween or whatever, but it was totally mis-advertised.

Reactions: chris.g
I went Sunday night, and agree with all the above. It's essentially a glorified photo op. If you went in with that in mind, you'll be fine. But it's definitely not a haunt.

Also, be aware there are no bathrooms on the site at all.

I wouldn't say it was mis-advertised... I mean, honestly, they didn't advertise anything at all. Just vaguely said "Halloween House" featuring Hocus Pocus and NBC, which could mean a variation of things.

It was totally poorly advertised... they made it sound like a family-friendly haunted house experience. Blatantly said you'd visit the Sanderson Sister's cottage (which judging from the pics I saw, was an epic fail with even trying). I had my reservation for tuesday, but I'm glad I decided not to go. It definitely didn't look worth venturing down to Hollywood for.. And I'm all for photo-ops, but this looked "meh". My friend went monday & he said it was just a bunch of waiting to get in, and more waiting... and only saw half the stuff.

It was totally poorly advertised... they made it sound like a family-friendly haunted house experience. Blatantly said you'd visit the Sanderson Sister's cottage (which judging from the pics I saw, was an epic fail with even trying). I had my reservation for tuesday, but I'm glad I decided not to go. It definitely didn't look worth venturing down to Hollywood for.. And I'm all for photo-ops, but this looked "meh". My friend went monday & he said it was just a bunch of waiting to get in, and more waiting... and only saw half the stuff.
"It was it's first year."
"It was for free."
"You can't compare it to Disney (it's an affiliate) or other photo ops."
"They just started, they were just getting the kinks out."

Reactions: TDBLMT
This is different. It's pretty clearly (after visiting) a family friendly IG marketing campaign. Nothing more, nothing less, with no other aspirations. If you're a major IG fan, there's opportunities galore. And on that level, there's some fun photo ops. But going for any other reason (especially haunt related) will be a huge disappointment and waste of time.

That said, they could've been a bit more clear, because before going and prior to hearing reviews, I sort of thought it was going to be more of a family friendly walk through haunted house.

Reactions: Clive and chris.g