Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible for the track to drop below the track it leaves on to give it a bounce effect?

Not without some serious modifications to the ride system as it doesn’t have the strength to raise a train. The lowest part the track can reach is aligned with the outgoing track. It’s a safety system also incase of issues to stop the train becoming stranded in the drop section.

Gravity being the most reliable force on earth is helpful in this situation.

I think a small drop or wiggle, before a full drop would be preferred. It would Also make it feel more organic since you are being “held/dropped” by a “living thing”.
A straight free fall may feel a little too manufactured compared.

Like I said earlier, I think it will be what most people are talking about when they exit the ride. I hope they nail it.

With no sound barrier, or major treeline, it looks like the back of a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park.

Yep, the same view at some time in the past few years:

SrH5JKW.jpg

I agree. It’s a very weird sensation. I had the pleasure of doing Verbolten earlier this year and whilst it’s good, it doesn’t quite have the same force as the Intamin versions.

I wonder if this will have the smaller ‘fake’ drop before the main freefall like Th13teen. That usually generates a lot of screams.

I've done "The Guardian" at Canada's Wonderland many times with their drop track portion at the very end. While I know it's a controlled drop, it does feel very much like a pure free fall and it's quite exhilarating. The key to it for me though is that there's not a specific "in your face" cue as to when the drop happens so it comes as quite a fun surprise even though you know it's coming.

I'm hoping that while the potter coaster will probably have some kind of "magic" cue (like a flash of light from a Lumous Maximus spell or something) I hope it plays out feeling like a "surprise".

It's changed companies at least twice since then though! I think it's been a Texaco, Hess, and now Speedway.

I think it was Hess anyway, definitely was something green, and that was back when Hess was a sponsor of some of the rides at USF, so makes sense.
Didn’t Hess sponsor JPRA?

I've been wondering about that myself... Considering the amount of themeing that is apparently going into this thing and the fact that its not even fully enclosed yet had me wondering how they will get this thing open before the summer. Even if all work goes internal before the end of the year it would seem like a stretch to finish install, programming and testing all in about 5 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.