Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 386 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It seems that the ride has become a liability to the brand's identity to the point where it's mention is enough to spark negativity among their entire business. I think this speaks volumes not just on the status of the ride and what we received, but in the acknowledgment and self-awareness of Universal Creative, and the life span of the attraction. If it's such a sour patch to have in the garden where it's being neglected on social media, how long will it be where Universal feels like it's own presence is a liability? Even though one is getting built in beijing, it is a cool question to ask.

With a new park on the way and multiple new attractions to the existing the parks the last thing Uni wants is for the public to say "We are not going because F&F was garbage." So yes, it's somewhat a liability. Of course F&F will be overshadowed from new great attractions.

If I was Uni, I'd replace the entire thing (keeping the facade/ride building) and just changing the ride itself (IP entirely as well, if they can't find a suitable new ride system). I'd want to spend money to prevent the overall resort from negativity.

It seems that the ride has become a liability to the brand's identity to the point where it's mention is enough to spark negativity among their entire business. I think this speaks volumes not just on the status of the ride and what we received, but in the acknowledgment and self-awareness of Universal Creative, and the life span of the attraction. If it's such a sour patch to have in the garden where it's being neglected on social media, how long will it be where Universal feels like it's own presence is a liability? Even though one is getting built in beijing, it is a cool question to ask.

During a one day trip to Universal we overheard three different groups of people bashing F&F while in line for other attractions.

i have never not once ever heard anyone ever mention Fast and Furious ride in a positive way outside of these forums. ever.
not during HHN, not in any of the lines, not on FB groups , not on youtube, not on instagram,
in fact, if anything, the fact that Fast and Furious took out that Scarezone area for HHN has brought up EXTRA negative opinions.
i've heard a lot of people in the park be really mad that Killer Klowns was not placed in the Fast and Furious area or that this area of the park is dead and that fast and furious is guilty for ruining HHN in that area.
so yeah, this ride had its initial backlash but now its getting brand new backlash from the people riding it during HHN and the people that got pissed at losing that scarezone area.
Even while doing the HHN guest feedback at the end of the park, some people around me were talking about the loss of that scarezone area.

It's not like San Francisco has a bigger Scare Zone area to use. It's always been a relatively small zone for years for some strange reason, and I think KKfoS moving to NY was because they really wanted to use the projections. Without a doubt a scare zone will arrive to San Fran next year.

Reactions: jrn14
It's not like San Francisco has a bigger Scare Zone area to use. It's always been a relatively small zone for years for some strange reason, and I think KKfoS moving to NY was because they really wanted to use the projections. Without a doubt a scare zone will arrive to San Fran next year.

but even then, some people have been pissed about it. I've seen the comments and heard the conversations. even as small as that san Francisco scarezone area was, it was something people liked to visit. it was tradition.

I feel like that area was way too crowded and it works better where it is now? The alien scarezone last year was sooooo crowded and cramped... I much prefer the layout of KKfOS

Reactions: tielo
but even then, some people have been pissed about it. I've seen the comments and heard the conversations. even as small as that san Francisco scarezone area was, it was something people liked to visit. it was tradition.

How is a San Fran zone tradition? Sure, there's been one there for the past few years but does it really matter? Yes, they did a poor job balancing the park but who is really complaining about zone locations?

(I do believe something should have gone into San Fran, but saying it's an absolute idiotic decision that ruins HHN is just extreme.)

I hope that they move the PC zone into San Fran.

How is a San Fran zone tradition? Sure, there's been one there for the past few years but does it really matter? Yes, they did a poor job balancing the park but who is really complaining about zone locations?

(I do believe something should have gone into San Fran, but saying it's an absolute idiotic decision that ruins HHN is just extreme.)

I hope that they move the PC zone into San Fran.

it just makes the burn feel harder when people lost both Bettlejuice during the day and then at night it lost the scarezone.
sure HHN changes and sure things are moved around, yes nothing stays the same. the event evolves. yes,

Im just saying, the fact that it was something like fast and furious that made people lose both things in october burns a little harder. as far as i can tell, its like "okay we cant do bettlejuice during the day anymore, we lost the scarezone that goes in that area, and the reason is fast and furious???" thats what the sentiment was from the people doing the guest survey from what i remember

So rode this after reading all the reviews on here..........yikes everyone in my car was laughing at the end of the ride. It's a close case of laughing with you or laughing at you. We were on the left side of the party bus and I could see the right side of the screen in the 360 portion, but not well. When it was over, I was kind of like..........that's it?? I think they could have made an indoor coaster with dual racing cars and it would have been cheaper and better long-term appeal.

So rode this after reading all the reviews on here..........yikes everyone in my car was laughing at the end of the ride. It's a close case of laughing with you or laughing at you. We were on the left side of the party bus and I could see the right side of the screen in the 360 portion, but not well. When it was over, I was kind of like..........that's it?? I think they could have made an indoor coaster with dual racing cars and it would have been cheaper and better long-term appeal.

Hell, I would have taken a spinner over this. lol. not really, but I mean...

I wonder if a sports car style ride vehicles and/or a night time drag race scene would improve the experience?

Probably cheaper to rip it all out and start again haha

Yeah the F&F ride ruined Universal, HHN, cupcakes, kittens and my virginity...
On the other hand Universal is doing very well, HHN is silly crowded, cupcakes still taste like fat and sugar and kittens are still cute. It's a bad attraction not the end of the world, every theme park has one, hell Disney has a ton and people still go there for whatever reason.

On the other hand Universal is doing very well, HHN is silly crowded, cupcakes still taste like fat and sugar and kittens are still cute. It's a bad attraction not the end of the world, every theme park has one, hell Disney has a ton and people still go there for whatever reason.
Joke's on you, I went blind after riding F&F

What's the last new Disney E-Ticket that was this poorly reviewed?

Usually, during the Research & Development portion, most seem to figure out what's not a huge waste of space and $100 million dollars.

What's the last new Disney E-Ticket that was this poorly reviewed?

Usually, during the Research & Development portion, most seem to figure out what's not a huge waste of space and $100 million dollars.
Superstar Limo is the only Disney attraction I can think of that’s close to reviewed as poorly, but that wasn’t an E-ticket and nowhere near as expensive to build.

Reactions: Alicia
Superstar Limo is the only Disney attraction I can think of that’s close to reviewed as poorly, but that wasn’t an E-ticket and nowhere near as expensive to build.
The Imagination re-do was poorly received...so much so that they had to immediately close it and give us what we have now

Also Mission Space was met with lukewarm reviews upon opening