Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

The Imagination re-do was poorly received...so much so that they had to immediately close it and give us what we have now

Also Mission Space was met with lukewarm reviews upon opening
While Imagination is admittedly bad, the reception wasn’t as bad as F&F (at least imo) and the only reason Imagination and M:S got received so poorly was due to what they replaced. Most were never going to be satisfied since it was replacing Horizons and original Journey.

The KEY to this whole fiasco, is that indications are that it taught Universal a hard lesson. Timing is good since it comes on the heels of planning for the new park. Hopefully this negative turns into an overall positive. If F&F was just ho hum it wouldn't have as startling effect as this really really bad reaction has had.

While Imagination is admittedly bad, the reception wasn’t as bad as F&F (at least imo) and the only reason Imagination and M:S got received so poorly was due to what they replaced. Most were never going to be satisfied since it was replacing Horizons and original Journey.
As I recall, the addition that removed the Dreamfinder had to be re-worked within a year because of the poor reception

As I recall, the addition that removed the Dreamfinder had to be re-worked within a year because of the poor reception
It didn’t HAVE to. Just like F&F doesn’t HAVE to be replaced. Disney just changed it bc of poor GSATs and overall poor quality.

While it wasn’t good, I think a lot of the negative reception was bc of it replacing the original Journey. Let’s face it - the current iteration of the ride is nothing special either.

It didn’t HAVE to. Just like F&F doesn’t HAVE to be replaced. Disney just changed it bc of poor GSATs and overall poor quality.

While it wasn’t good, I think a lot of the negative reception was bc of it replacing the original Journey. Let’s face it - the current iteration of the ride is nothing special either.
So I would say, yes, Disney has had some poorly received things

I don't know if I've seen a blunder like F&F though

Honest question: Of those who have experienced this attraction and disliked it, have any of you registered your complaints with guest services?
I slammed it on a survey...funny because a team member said that I wasn't the first one of the day to complain about it...I said: "F&F detracts from the overall Universal Orlando experience, and makes me re-consider renewing my pass based on the decreased experience with recent attractions"

Of course I will renew my pass next year, I just like to scare haha

So I would say, yes, Disney has had some poorly received things

I don't know if I've seen a blunder like F&F though

I slammed it on a survey...funny because a team member said that I wasn't the first one of the day to complain about it...I said: "F&F detracts from the overall Universal Orlando experience, and makes me re-consider renewing my pass based on the decreased experience with recent attractions"

I wasn’t denying that they’ve had poorly received things. The original wording was poorly received E-Tickets. The main thing I can come up with strictly by that definition is Rocket Rods.

THIS. This is what gets the attention needed for change. You have no idea how much weight registered negative comments make to this management structure. When something isn't right or doesn't meet expectations, speak up. Cumulatively, it will make a difference.

The more disturbing question is why they didn’t spot this coming a mile off. At this stage I’m convinced they can only make great rides if they’re Harry Potter these days

The more disturbing question is why they didn’t spot this coming a mile off. At this stage I’m convinced they can only make great rides if they’re Harry Potter these days
I think they knew that had a turkey, but the synergy decision had already been made back when they made this for Hollywood, though I doubt they expected the feedback to be as vicious as it's been. They probably thought they could get away with it without repercussions. They were wrong.

I know you joke but this is the reason I made my post. We tend to moan in a vacuum and to what end? You want change? Make it happen by lodging a complaint.

I was being half serious. I think Universal have certainly taken note to the point they don't even bring F&F up on social media any more because it's nothing but complaints.

The silver lining I see with all this is that this is the best time this could have happened. The last thing Universal or any of us want was for Universal to build a new park with this same lazy and uninspired approach that they took building F&F.

I think they knew that had a turkey, but the synergy decision had already been made back when they made this for Hollywood, though I doubt they expected the feedback to be as vicious as it's been. They probably thought they could get away with it without repercussions. They were wrong.
Here’s why I completely disagree with this. It would’ve been easy to turn back imo. To make a movie comparison...

When Universal tried to launch the Dark Universe, The Mummy bombed. They didn’t go and make an immediate sequel just because it was already planned. They stopped dead in their tracks because they saw the writing on the wall.

This could’ve easily been avoided.

Here’s why I completely disagree with this. It would’ve been easy to turn back imo. To make a movie comparison...

When Universal tried to launch the Dark Universe, The Mummy bombed. They didn’t go and make an immediate sequel just because it was already planned. They stopped dead in their tracks because they saw the writing on the wall.

I can see both points but I think that’s a bad analogy. The rumours were spreading about how awful this could be well after construction started.

They could have stopped up to a year before it was complete and just bit the bullet. They’d be left with a giant show building but given its generic shape, this should be easy enough to convert to something else.

If they decided a year before it opened to abandon plans, I don’t think Universal would be in any worse shape than it is now. They still had the night time show so at least the resort got something new for 2018.

Yeah, BUT they made their decision back in 2014 with it targeted for both Hollywood & Orlando. The film didn't bomb, the attraction did. Yes, they could have redone the attraction after it got luckluster reviews in the Hollywood park, but they decided to go with it instead of changing. I'm guessing they thought that they'd just get the same degree of lackluster blow back Hollywood got, and dress the pig up with an extra street scene. But they were wrong. As a stand alone attraction (instead of just part of a large movie tour) F&F was disliked even more. Woodbury and his bosses screwed up. They thought they could get away with mediocrity, but the Emperor's clothes turned out to be naked POS. ....As I've said before, it just astounds me that the 360 film was accepted and paid for. That's supposed to be the meat and potatoes of the attraction but it has the looks of a high school video club presentation. Very amateurish, and even it's defenders have to stoop to the level of describing it like a poor video game graphics . ...you're right, they could have turned back, but they made a financial decision, and now it's biting them in the butt.