Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold Prediction:
This bold prediction thing gets old fast.

A bold prediction would be something like: Nintendo is moving back toKidsZone and 4th gate is canceled. Otherwise, we’re still just doing regular speculation and calling it bold. It’s the equivalent of news stations putting “Breaking” before everything, and nothing feels important anymore.

Bold Prediction:
This bold prediction thing gets old fast.

A bold prediction would be something like: Nintendo is moving back toKidsZone and 4th gate is canceled. Otherwise, we’re still just doing regular speculation and calling it bold. It’s the equivalent of news stations putting “Breaking” before everything, and nothing feels important anymore.
I'll drop the word "bold" then.

Prediction:

At least 2 of Kidzone, FFL, and LC are still open (in their current state) when the new park opens in 2023.

People said the same thing about Bourne.....

The difference is Bourne was a successful 4 film series and is getting a TV show.

Mortal Engines is expected to make 55 million *total* in NA, and that's probably high on the estimate. It almost certainly won't get a sequel.

Nothing in this park is going to surprise anyone from an IP state of things.

The difference is Bourne was a successful 4 film series and is getting a TV show.

Mortal Engines is expected to make 55 million *total* in NA, and that's probably high on the estimate. It almost certainly won't get a sequel.

Nothing in this park is going to surprise anyone from an IP state of things.

There's no way we know each and every IP in this park. And Universal said that they'll be using future Universal franchises/movies in the parks. Not to mention that this looks like perfect land material. Who wouldn't want to see it?

And Universal said that they'll be using future Universal franchises/movies in the parks. Not to mention that this looks like perfect land material. Who wouldn't want to see it?

I mean, the movie looks like garbage, so it's not something that's high on my list.

Just don't be surprised when everything that comes to the park IP-wise is nothing earth shaking. They're not gonna go out of the box. It's going to be safe bets.

I hope there are at least a few surprises, not necessarily in the IP's used but in how elaborate/inventive they are with them and how imersive the lands are.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Wizarding world levels of theming here!

I hope there are at least a few surprises, not necessarily in the IP's used but in how elaborate/inventive they are with them and how imersive the lands are.

I think this is likely. The IPs are going to be standard. Nothing shocking. But the park is still going to be really good, I think.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Wizarding world levels of theming here!

I would expect it to be largely that.

But I would also expect things like a coaster or two, which people don't like around here for whatever reason.

I'd also say the same about the attraction offerings at large. This is still Universal. I expect much less screen use, but I still expect most of the attractions to be faster paced, and very few slower dark rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.