Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Ticket question, I know there's normally another thread for tickets but not really worth starting one just for this I think.

If I buy ROF+Ex and use it a few nights, can I later upgrade it to FF+Ex before it is due to expire? Or can I only upgrade before first use?

Appreciate answers will be based on previous years rules, not guaranteed hhn29 info

Thanks

This

For the last two years, the RoF and RoF+Express tickets could only be upgraded to the Ultimate FFP and the Ultimate FFP+Express tickets.

They've worked on trying to stop the people from upgrading to RoF, to FF, to FFP, and so on. In all honesty though, at least in prior years, the price difference between the 2 was minimal so just go with the FF.

However, I feel things may be different this year with tickets. Not any inside spec, just my hunch; so this all may be moot come Summer.

Thanks all, I'm gonna be in Orlando 14th Sept to 12th Oct so just trying to work out the best ticket to budget for.

In all fairness I tend to avoid Fri/Sat anyway, and if the likelihood is that there will be more Sept weekdays added like this year (plus the fact Micro Ignite isn't until Nov next year so no Thu closure?) then FF+Ex might be the best option anyway. I'm working based on last year's dates this would let me go on any of 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 25, 26, 29 Sept & 2, 3, 6, 9, 10 Oct. RoF would drop the Oct dates and add in 20, 21, 27, 28 Sept so not to much difference in value (to me) overall

So I've kinda popped into this late - did a Cliffnotes read over the previous pages.

Sounds like 11 or 12 houses for 29 then?

That's the rumor, to work up to the end goal of 13 houses for 30.
Yep. I'm hearing an effort to have 12 houses at 29. I'm speculating they'll then attempt 13 at 30.

Not sure if it will happen though. A lot of logistics to work out.

Yep. I'm hearing an effort to have 12 houses at 29. I'm speculating they'll then attempt 13 at 30.

Not sure if it will happen though. A lot of logistics to work out.

I am guessing the hope would be to maintain that number of houses? Or are they just trying to get up to a celebratory number for 30 before going back down to a more manageable number?

You don't need more houses. You need capacity spread throughout the park and new methods to increase guest throughput at each of the more popular mazes.

On a sold out night, I was able to run through 4 mazes at the last 30-45 minutes with no waits. The problem is that the IP houses are too damn popular. If Universal really wants to do 11 houses because of capacity issues, I'd vote for the "11th house" be Stranger Things and split into 2 different mazes but be a copy of each other. (Obviously looking for more actors to replicate characters will be difficult)

If Universal really wants to do 11 houses because of capacity issues, I'd vote for the "11th house" be Stranger Things and split into 2 different mazes but be a copy of each other. (Obviously looking for more actors to replicate characters will be difficult)
They tried that once. It didn't go well.

They tried that once. It didn't go well.

I remember one of the differentiating features was one of the "copies" had a stairway/upstairs component for the attic... and then the other did not, making it ADA compliant, yes? How DID that eventually go?

I remember one of the differentiating features was one of the "copies" had a stairway/upstairs component for the attic... and then the other did not, making it ADA compliant, yes? How DID that eventually go?
From my understanding, they just used the ADA compliant one. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the one they used.

The other one essentially sat empty.

From my understanding, they just used the ADA compliant one. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the one they used.

The other one essentially sat empty.

That's a shocking waste of money and efficiency.

I totally believe it, but, man.

That's a shocking waste of money and efficiency.

I totally believe it, but, man.
It's a cautionary tale, for sure.

It's remarkably difficult to predict how people will react to anything Universal does for HHN. It's like that with any creative product, I think the uncertainty is heightened with haunts though. Their purpose is to invoke an unbelievably varied emotion (fear). They're also trying to anticipate what guests WANT to see, while doing something different every year.

We can say, "They should build a duplicate 'Stranger Things' house to alleviate lines." But, what if the house WASN'T well received? What if it got an Exorcist style response from guests? Then a second house would be unnecessary and Universal would have wasted an entire house.

Look at the TWD houses. It's impossible to tell.

So what other areas are open to have houses, if they're moving to 12?

Here are some of my best guesses (from a few months back). They’ll put up more tents, from my understanding (since the Park has to rent space from Production when using the soundstages - except 33). So, if there’s space for a tent, there’s space for a house.

Fear Factor is dedicated to AoV though. Once I learned the GSATs for 2018, I realized there’s no chance it won’t come back.
Houses.