Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I'm a huge fan of universal and they have made huge strides over the past ten years, that's why I think it's so insulting they felt this was enough. It says a lot that cat in the hat is a more physically intense ride.

Hopefully this'll be the last time management force a project onto creative.

Universals new found creative laziness comes as Disney appear to be upping their game significantly. With the current rumours and confirmed announcements, I’m a little concerned for Universals direction (Potter coaster aside). The rumours of a barebones woodie for JP strike me as another uninspiring, creatively lazy decision when there’s so much that could be done there.

No doubt some cool stuff is being worked on, but for now it’s Potter coaster vs about 10 new Disney rides in the next few years.

Universals new found creative laziness comes as Disney appear to be upping their game significantly. With the current rumours and confirmed announcements, I’m a little concerned for Universals direction (Potter coaster aside). The rumours of a barebones woodie for JP strike me as another uninspiring, creatively lazy decision when there’s so much that could be done there.

No doubt some cool stuff is being worked on, but for now it’s Potter coaster vs about 10 new Disney rides in the next few years.
Ehhhhh. Nothing really creative outside of Star Wars coming from Disney. Rat is a port from Paris, Tron also. Guardians coaster isn’t super creative from rumors. Universal has a full park on the way with who knows what kind of ride designs. Saying it’s the potter coaster vs ten new rides of Disney is lazy thinking as Disney is playing catch-up to the work Universal has done recently.

...did you go and look to what @GAcoaster mentioned on the Jurassic Park Expansion thread..?

Creative laziness or a project forced by management?

I think they knew that had a turkey, but the synergy decision had already been made back when they made this for Hollywood, though I doubt they expected the feedback to be as vicious as it's been. They probably thought they could get away with it without repercussions. They were wrong.

Here’s why I completely disagree with this. It would’ve been easy to turn back imo. To make a movie comparison...

When Universal tried to launch the Dark Universe, The Mummy bombed. They didn’t go and make an immediate sequel just because it was already planned. They stopped dead in their tracks because they saw the writing on the wall.

This could’ve easily been avoided.

The strongest argument for/against this is that they approved this ride for Beijing, many years after they approved the ride for Orlando.

How many iterations of this ride were because they were 'too late', before we change it to them being 'too clueless'. At least I strongly suspect a 4th iteration of this ride will never happen, fortunately.

The strongest argument for/against this is that they approved this ride for Beijing, many years after they approved the ride for Orlando.

How many iterations of this ride were because they were 'too late', before we change it to them being 'too clueless'. At least I strongly suspect a 4th iteration of this ride will never happen, fortunately.
My guess is that considerable changes will be made by the time it's finished in Beijing, though it will still just be dressing the turkey up. There were a lot of very intense internal discussions (according to a couple of the prime Universal Insiders) inside Universal Creative ranks within weeks of this opening in Orlando. The ferocity of the negative response seems to have caught them by surprise. Beijing was already in motion. If they don't make significant alterations to the film/musion/& ride ending finish area, then that would tell me they have a low opinion of what the Chinese market will accept.

Is there any chance of this ride being rethemed or repurposed or are we stuck with this for the next 20 years?
I'd doubt anything in the foreseeable future, but hopefully the guest reactions and lack of popularity could lead to a replacement sooner than would've been originally expected. I'd just love to see that giant show building put to good use.

Is there any chance of this ride being rethemed or repurposed or are we stuck with this for the next 20 years?
20 years is a stretch, but I don't see this going until the end of next decade at the earliest. I think the ride will last until 5 years after the last film in the franchise. If it's still going strong by 2030, a new (actually thrilling) ride could be built.

It took me all vacation to convince Alene to ride it again. So finally did it towards the end of this past week. We had Express but there wasn't enough people in line to fill up the RV's, and this was mid afternoon. I keep trying to see if it gets better for repeat rides, but it doesn't. What a Disaster. ....

It took me all vacation to convince Alene to ride it again. So finally did it towards the end of this past week. We had Express but there wasn't enough people in line to fill up the RV's, and this was mid afternoon. I keep trying to see if it gets better for repeat rides, but it doesn't. What a Disaster. ....
Pretty sure they did something to the fog effect on the ride...I couldn't see for half of the 360 scene....Which, ironically, made it better

Pretty sure they did something to the fog effect on the ride...I couldn't see for half of the 360 scene....Which, ironically, made it better
Yes. I agree wholeheartedly....Maybe they should just switch to a trip through the fog....and turn off that dreadful 360 screen.....You know, I was getting by laughing at how bad the ride was, the last few rides....pure camp comedy. That doesn't even work anymore.....I just about love, or like, nearly every ride Universal or Disney has. This, along with the mostly departed Stitch, are really the only two 'rides' that I would prefer didn't exist.