Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I don’t wanna be that guy that reads wayyyyy to much into things, *but* Galaxy’s Edge is noticeably missing here:

Maybe bc SWGE is opening so far at the end of the year, they’re being careful with how they market things and focus more on Runaway Railway?

That’s the vibe I’m getting. I don’t think it’s delayed beyond late 2019 but if it is they’re at least safe.

Reactions: Nick and SeventyOne
Niles is running a survey on TPI asking respondents what their most anticipated new ride is. I was surprised that the Potter coaster was tied with SW Rise of the Resistance (Disneyland, WDW) for number one, as of 9:30 AM today. The other SW ride was near the bottom of the list. I was surprised the Potter coaster was doing so well, especially since TPI readers are pretty much Disney oriented on a whole.

Niles is running a survey on TPI asking respondents what their most anticipated new ride is. I was surprised that the Potter coaster was tied with SW Rise of the Resistance (Disneyland, WDW) for number one, as of 9:30 AM today. The other SW ride was near the bottom of the list. I was surprised the Potter coaster was doing so well, especially since TPI readers are pretty much Disney oriented on a whole.

People love coasters. I think if Star Wars had a similar coaster coming that would take the edge.

i actually chose the Potter coaster mainly because i know more about it
im about to send you a pm

Reactions: Mad Dog
Niles is very clear that he personally likes Universal more than Disney and he reports on all parks so people on the site are a very diverse bunch.

Reactions: therock
Niles is very clear that he personally likes Universal more than Disney and he reports on all parks so people on the site are a very diverse bunch.
Niles is pretty pro Universal, but also pro Disney. He's kind of become a parrot for both park systems the past few years. From reading the replies over there the past ten years it seems the readers are more Disney oriented. There's generally only a handful of comments from readers that seem to know anything much about Universal. And it's the same half dozen or so Universal oriented posters. And while the Disney articles generally receive tons of comments, the Universal oriented articles usually just get a few , if any. So, I'm not sure the readership is actually very diverse.

Reactions: belloq87
It seems concrete beach is making the exclusive beers for Galaxy Edge. Considering it’s a Florida brewery, i wonder if they will ship out to California, or if they will brew the same recipe at another location/brewery in California. Neither beers sound great to me. I realize they need to make beers for “everyone”, but would It kill them to make a hoppy beer for once?

Try Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Ale Months Ahead of the Land’s Opening at Disney Parks - WDW News Today

Hops are expensive. I imagine they'll make it and contract it out to a brewery in CA, though I do believe Duff is shipped to USH from Florida.

Theme park people are biased and will vote for whichever rides their favorite park is debuting. Harry Potter is the only UOR offering on the list so it's going to have a disproportionate number of votes. Right now, total new WDW offerings represent 57% of the votes.

But besides that, the survey is sampling a niche audience and has not received a practically significant number of responses. I wouldn't read much into it.

Niles is pretty pro Universal, but also pro Disney. He's kind of become a parrot for both park systems the past few years.

Over the past several years, he's been extremely reluctant to criticize either company's questionable decision-making. Maybe he doesn't see that as his role anymore, but sometimes it has come across as carrying their water.

It seems concrete beach is making the exclusive beers for Galaxy Edge. Considering it’s a Florida brewery, i wonder if they will ship out to California, or if they will brew the same recipe at another location/brewery in California. Neither beers sound great to me. I realize they need to make beers for “everyone”, but would It kill them to make a hoppy beer for once?

Try Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Ale Months Ahead of the Land’s Opening at Disney Parks - WDW News Today

'The good news is, you can still get a 64-ounce growler full of it.'

lol

Reactions: RevFreako
So I don’t wanna be that guy that reads wayyyyy to much into things, *but* Galaxy’s Edge is noticeably missing here:

Maybe bc SWGE is opening so far at the end of the year, they’re being careful with how they market things and focus more on Runaway Railway?
I wish Universal would make posts like this

Reactions: glocon and Coasted
Hops are expensive. I imagine they'll make it and contract it out to a brewery in CA, though I do believe Duff is shipped to USH from Florida.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Potter/Springfield brews (and Pandoras) made by Cigar City?

My guess, revolves on perhaps just Disney wanting peace in mind of finding an affordable brewing company to come in?

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Potter/Springfield brews (and Pandoras) made by Cigar City?

My guess, revolves on perhaps just Disney wanting peace in mind of finding an affordable brewing company to come in?

The Florida Beer Co does the Duff and Potter beers; Terrapin (made in my home town Athens!) does the Pandora ones.

Cigar City does make the excellent Jai-Alai though. :cheers:

FBC makes some pretty bad beer outside of the harry potter ones which are enjoyable enough. I would love anyone to contract cigar city brews. They are one of the top breweries in America.

Reactions: rhino4evr