Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New iFly Location on I-Drive

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
This had been discussed in another thread, but apparently the new location is open on I-Drive near the convention center:

This is much more of a tourist attraction for the passers by than the old location (which looked like a silo or an industrial plant of some kind). The see through wind tunnels on the sidewalk will bring crowds.

Now, what will happen to the other location?

I once reserved a flight at iFly San Diego. Then I read the waiver and I was shocked. They won't take responsibility for anything, including "improper maintenance of any equipment". So no iFly for me, unless they make their waiver more reasonable.

These are spectacular. I love how this one reminds me of the one they built out at the USH Citywalk. Adds a lot of energy and excitement to the area.

This + Top Golf + Andretti's is going to turn the convention scene on its head. Can't wait.

These are spectacular. I love how this one reminds me of the one they built out at the USH Citywalk. Adds a lot of energy and excitement to the area.

This + Top Golf + Andretti's is going to turn the convention scene on its head. Can't wait.
I dont understand the top gold and andretti addition but I hope you are right.

While I agree that it's surprising..what would they of even used for that space?

The only thing I could really see, is probably just trying to relocate backstage aspects.

They'd need more parcels but it could connect the new hotel to the resort with a gondola or something.

Yea, I'm not terribly surprised. For detached backstage space they can get nearby industrial land for a lot cheaper and it's more flexible with what they can do there. For prime real estate the important part is where they can get large continuous areas of land, especially where they can expand their existing footprints. If they're able to add one or two more hotels connected to Endless Summer they could possibly get a lot more land from fewer owners. It would also be great to get as many of the undeveloped parcels of the south campus as they can.

I mean they could speculatively purchase properties they didn't need and possibly use those investments to help get the some of the properties they do want in the future.

Has it been discussed if there's any possibility of a partnership with the other entertainment venues that were able to snatch up the land from south campus before Universal?